Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change

on June 14, 2016
So far this has been a wonderful game! For being a fairly avid Zelda fan, my life hasn't allowed me to be able to play this game until This week in June. Very worth the purchase ... just try to be sure the disk is pretty much like new (atleast that's how I feel about purchasing games which are discs). I don't want to get halfway through and discover that one scratch that was mentioned about before purchase ruins all the rest of the game. ; p Iff ya have WiiU, get the HD version. Might as well, right? This one will still work on the WiiU though.

Anyway, great fun, loving all the movement I get in this game. It's beautiful, and the story is grand! The only Zelda game I never really had an affinity for really though was Majora's mask... although that's my own opinion and believe that there are many folks out there who actually loved that game. It's still fun though. This game though brings memories back for me of OOT in the way it really provides a story to get in to, some easy great gameplay, and pretty amazin' friggin' graphics. It's a game ya can really feel, just like other Zelda games. If ya can play this, do it, and I'm sure most of you have already gone and done it.
VINE VOICEon September 24, 2012
I, like many, was very excited for this game. Heck, I wasn't even that much into Zelda at that time, but I remember when the whole Wii reveal was commencing, and the new Zelda game just blew people away. My roommate's eyes widened when he saw the first trailer in 2005 (he was a huge Zelda nut), and I knew I had to get into Zelda before TP (as it would come to be known). So, along with coming to know the Wii's hardware, I was excited about the game. Very much that I had to pre-order it before I even had the system; thankfully, I used a friend's.

Come the release of the game, and I was shocked. Not by the greatness of the game, but how the Wii's controls didn't work as I expected. I thought it was the control itself--maybe it was faulty--but I learned that Link didn't have 1:1 movement. Heck, the Wii didn't have 1:1 precision. Still, that didn't deter me from playing and enjoying the game.
I had played only Ocarina and the original Zeldas beforehand, so when I started the game and got a good ways into it, I I realized it was very formulaic, but still kept the edge by having Link transform into a wolf, not to mention it was the "darkest" Zelda out there, giving Hyrule a shadowed theme and having the characters look more real than ever (as real as they can look).

The usual minigames were present, and the arsenal didn't feel entirely revolutionary. What was great, though, was fighting on Epona and utilizing wolf Link's abilities. The fights with wolf Link left me wanting to transform back to human, but it weren't entirely irritating. Midna is a great addition to the franchise, though she did, like Link's many female companions, become slightly annoying at times. The final fight was great, implementing a wide range of the installment's weaponry and the Wii's controls (considering it was an enhanced GameCube game), ended up being my favorite Zelda game--until Skyward Sword.

On to Wind Waker!
on July 13, 2013
Ocarina of Time for the n64 was my favorite game of all time. I grew up with it and I just grew to love the puzzles, action and the world. Played that game so much I have to consider it a big part of my childhood. Fast forward to the gamecube/wii era. Graphics have been overhauled and motion is introduced. I saw they were making a new Zelda, and well it got marked on my calendar lets just say that!

To be honest, the first day I got this game I played for 13.5 hours and I don't regret a minute. I regret I needed to stop because the human body isn't meant for that hahaha. Utterly a beautiful game, writing, environment and action sequences. It's different from ocarina of time, but you just get the feeling that this game pays tribute to it's predecessor, ie the first dungeon is forest, then fire, water etc.
And yet, there are so many differences. Hyrule is bigger and far more expansive. There's a sense of a dark world which reminded me of A link to the past(the greatest snes game of all time fyi). The biggest change is the addition of the wolf. Early on link gains these powers similar to the power of the deku scrub in Majoras Mask (amazing game). In traditional Zelda fashion these powers open up new doors to new places. Gone is Navi/tael from the n64 days and enter Midna. Cocky yet caring imp who aids you in your journey. She helps you understand your new powers and puts you on the path to save the kingdom; similar ideology but writing does it no justice as to how you two work together.
Ok so new Zelda that means one thing....new toys! And I am happy to report Link just got the 007 treatment for new toys. The new clawshot(s) just make the hookshot feel foolish, that's all I can say.
Gamecube/vs wii version. I had this originally on gamecube and the controller combo felt perfect. The wii holds up but starts off a little sluggish because I wasn't used to motion control. But I really feel that it isn't gimmicky at all like some people thought; this is a game that works well with motion control. It involves you with Link more and who wouldn't want to be in that action???

Bottom Line: Twilight Princess is just an amazing game from start to finish. The world is fleshed out beautifully, the combat is tighter than it's ever been, the toys are great and good ole' Zelda side questing that we love is alive and well. Gamecube or wii is really preferential, I liked them both. If your really familar with motion control then give the wii one a shot, but if your not into it the game itself will treat you right on gamecube.
side note: the dungeons are backwards on the wii vs the gamecube. No real difference, just really neat!
on December 21, 2016
The disc was in near perfect condition, along with the box and the original instruction booklet. It plays fine. Well done.

4.10.17. I made my way to 16 (2/4) last night trying to enter the Sacred Grove. There is a terminal defect in the disc that prevents the platform from spinning just before getting to the howling stone. There are similar complaints in Google search. Reloading/cleaning (otherwise immaculate) disc is no help. Even though Z targeting will highlight yellow, throwing the boomerang will NOT spin the vanes. I have tried innumerable times in all sorts of combinations and followed the online "Y: Zelda faron woods platfrom feed." Nothing. Will need to buy another disc.
on February 15, 2010
One word to sum up this game: very creative!

One of the key aspects I look for in a game is the diversity of environments. I like to be able to explore various regions, and maybe take a minute to stop at, say, the top of a mountain and gaze into the faraway lands. This game takes you through a series of different locations, each with its own unique environments. Places can be wild and wacky, serene and peaceful, or dangerous and deadly, but each place is almost always beautiful. The landscapes are stylized, tinged with fantasy, yet never losing their resemblance to the real world. The dungeons, castles, and temples are...wow, what can I say, the stuff of my wildest dreams! Some examples: you take a roller-coaster ride over dangerous quicksand pits, you walk upside down hanging precariously over a cave of monsters, you ride a sled at breaking speed across a winter wonderland.

The game controls are easy to learn, though there is something of a "tutorial" at the beginning of the game. After that, evil events unfold that wreak havoc upon the once peaceful land. Then, the rest of up to you, the hero! About combat: I liked swinging my sword with just a shake of the wrist. As you progress, you can uncover "hidden skills," some of which require more complicated maneuvers. You will also discover useful items to help you defeat your enemies--especially the bosses--in wild and sometimes hilarious ways (you'll know when you get there, I don't want to spoil everything for you). You will encounter some of the eeriest monsters, especially the ones from the World of Twilight. Some parts of the game may be creepy, but there's no blood since all the monsters just disappear into a puff of black smoke and embers.

The storyline is linear and straightforward. There's a map and instructions from various characters to tell you where to go. However, these instructions are seamlessly integrated into the game, so the game flow is natural. Some of the (non-enemy) characters are designed to be cartoony and adorable, especially the kids. While I prefer more serious gameplay, I find these little diversions to be cute.

The music and sound are good. Some of the monsters' sounds may get quite loud. Each location has its different song, which are very fitting for the game.

Sometimes I did get stuck, and in my impatience to advance to the next dungeon/location, I did consult some online guides. You may get lost or stuck every now and then, but overall, this game isn't that difficult. Midna, your companion, is happy to give you hints.

The whole game took me about 60 hours. Overall, a great buy, a great game.
on June 14, 2010
Everybody here seems to be lavishing this game with praises. For the most part, I agree. Twilight Princess is perhaps the best action game on Wii, with an incredibly immersive world, a fantastic story, and nice graphics (for an early Wii game). It took me over 60 hours to finish, between side tasks and the final ending. However, I'm sure that the completest could take another 10-20 hours, easily. It was one of the longer games I've beaten, and that's pretty impressive. There are plenty of different experiences to be had, between snowboard racing with a Yeti, horseback riding, and a wide array of challenges involving the many tools you will collect with the games many dungeons. Some of the best dungeons are the most subtle: my favorite was one in which Link had to fetch ingredients for a special soup by exploring the NPC's mansion. Also, Twilight Princess has some of the most epic boss battles I have experienced. The finale, in the castle of Hyrule itself, is an epic four-part battle that utilizes every major aspect learned in the game. What follows is a very fitting ending, one of my favorites in the Zelda series.

Unfortunately, the game stumbles occasionally. The wolf-only segments, particularly in the beginning of the game, really tend to drag. I began this game nearly a year and a half ago, but only just beat it last night (I forced myself). In my opinion, the "dark" segments are just not nearly as compelling as the "standard" dungeons/environments, and are why this game lost a star for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, and definitely worth the money, but it is NOT a classic by any standards, and is also not the best game on Wii (spot saved for SMG2). Still, you're sure to have a good time with TP, so go ahead and buy it.
on April 2, 2015
After finishing this game for the first time, I have to say this is probably in my top 3 including OoT and LTTP. Back when this first came out, I remember being bummed about the whole Twilight forcing you to be a wolf thing, but it's actually done very well. You do backtrack a little bit in the early quests and some new locations appear in past areas, but later after you get into the main world, Hyrule in TP is amazing. The temples were fresh and crescendo-like with them getting better and better, IMHO. The only gripe I had was that I felt like Hyrule Castle and the fight with Ganon/Ganondorf was way too easy.
on August 15, 2011
Okay, so this is coming from an inexperienced fan of the Zelda series- just so you all know. Also be warned that there are hints as to the gameplay's story, so you've been spoiler-warned as well. Now on to the game.
The game starts off rather slow, since you'd expect there to be some sort of problem developing within the first few minutes. But once it starts, it really gets going, and all the elaborations really add depth to the characters, so it's kinda worth it to be waiting a little bit.
Patience is a requirement for playing- there will be parts of the game that you will have to scour the area for seemingly trivial little bits of information (Forest Temple- look at the floor if you're stumped). You'll have to use all of your resources, test everything and look over everything thoroughly, but once you have the patterns mastered, a dungeon will only take an hour or so to complete. Even the bosses are simple to beat (well, most of them). A regular game with classic miniquests to complete, heart pieces to look out for, and additional bonuses, like fishing and snowboarding in case you get stumped.
The plot itself is stellar, like most any Zelda game you'll encounter. By far the best in my opinion, there are little tidbits that reflect back on Ocarina of Time, so its kinda helpful when you recognize a pattern and you'll know what to do. That doesn't mean that the game is predictable, though, so keep that in mind if your either a newbie to the series or a seasoned veteran with the Master Sword. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone interested in purchasing a fantasy game that's not too adult-like in its graphics, but realistic enough to become more involved in the game than your regular graphic orientation.
2 people found this helpful
on December 4, 2011
This Zelda game started off real slow. The first half of the game, I was extremely disappointed. It felt very linear- everything was cut off until you completed some task to open up another small area, rinse and repeat. There was no connection with the characters. Everything felt forced. And everything felt handed to you. Epona... here you go. In Ocarina, you actually had to work to get her, and when you did it was awesome. Here, everything is obtained so easily, including the Master Sword. There's no buildup. In A Link to the Past, you see the Master Sword all shining in the grove and you're like, man I've gots to get me that. But you had to work for it. In this game, it's like Master Sword? What's that? Oh this thing that I just happened to get as I was following this extemely linear storyline? Let me just put it this way. In previous games, you would see a locked door. So guess what? You have to go find the key. In this game, 95% of the time, you'll have managed to obtain the key before you even know there's a locked door. Why even make the door locked in the first place? And don't get me started on the boring fetch quest of finding the Twilight Tear bugs. Jeebus.
The first half of the game also felt too easy. I never really felt any threat of dying. Well, I didn't do so good on the bridge joust at first (cough cough)fell off a few times, but aside from that, enemies were handled too easily by a simple wagging of the wii controller. Bosses looked epic and amazing, but when it takes them a million hits to knock you down 3 hearts, well, there's no impending threat and you can calmly figure out how to beat them. Not that it was hard to figure out.
Well, ok... that being said, the second half of the game got much better. You can finally explore a bit. Castle town opens up where you can finally mingle with the townsfolk. You can play some sidegames, go on some side quests. Now this is Zelda as I know it. Freedom to explore.
The game difficulty got better as well. Some enemies actually required some attack timing and finesse. And thank you for the Cave of Ordeals- a combat challenge at last- something I felt was sorely lacking in Ocarina and Majora's Mask (haven't played Wind Waker yet). But I still wished that enemy attacks took off more of your health. It just doesn't feel threatening when some badazz looking enemy smacks you, and you lose only 1/2 a heart. I remember the good ol days of the original Zelda when some baddies took off like 4 hearts. Now that's what'll make you sweat. In a good way. Cause that's what really motivates you to find heart containers, find bottles, and buy potions. I rarely bought any potions in this game. My bottles usually carried lantern oil. Now that's a travesty.
I did however really enjoy the 2nd half of this game. I actually quit playing during the first half- put it away for months- but then decided I had to force myself to finish it. But thankfully, I found myself liking it more and more.
I would have initially given this 2-3 stars, but it redeemed itself in the end to get 4.
Graphics were awesome. Doesn't feel outdated at all, even playing it in 2011. In my opinion, grpahics don't need to get any better than this. It's all about the gameplay from here.
Controls were ok. I hated the fact that when Link has his sword sheathed, you have to waggle to get the sword out, and then waggle again to swing. So if you switch to using your secondary item, like a bow or hookshot, Link automatically sheathes his sword. I don't know how many times I rolled when I meant to do a jump strike. And the nunchuck analog felt a bit wanky. Sometimes I had a hard time positioning Link right to just open a treasure chest or grab that fallen rupy instead of circling around it.
The item menu sucked. Why have everything in a big circle with things moving around all the time once you get a new item. I like knowing where my stuff is in a visually friendly format that's easy to navigate.
Ok, I feel like I just keep going back to the negative stuff so I'm going to end my review here. Good thing, too, because I have alot more complaints believe me.
Overall 4 stars. Good game, but not up to Zelda standards.
on October 5, 2009
Twilight Princess is the most recent installment in the Legend of Zelda franchise. It came out in 2006 for the Wii and the Game Cube.

It follows the story of Link as he ventures in and out of the Twilight realms to save Hyrule. He has been chosen by the Gods; the sign of the Triforce on his hand proves that. He is the only human that can travel between the Light world and the Twilight. When his friends are captured by the Twilight fiends of darkness, he goes after them to save them-- and turns in Wolf-Link, his Twilight form. After escaping the dungeons he was trapped in, Wolf-Link meets Zelda and she tells him what has happened to his world. From there, he is set on a quest to gain power equal to the Master of Twilight, so that he may restore light to Hyrule, and thus save the world.

I got it for my birthday a week ago and my opinion is that I am loving every second of it. Here's a quick overview:

Graphics: The graphics aren't bad, however due to what other game systems have, you may notice that they could be better. Just remember that the game is a few years old and that technology usually improves every three years. And guys, lets face it: if we cared about graphics we would have gotten a PS3.

The images are pretty smooth and there is a lot of detail put in to the background and characters. Like how Link's hand glows with the Triforce and his hair will blow in the wind. Of course, every now and then, you'll get the blocky straight lines that were meant to be a rounded edge, but I actually stopped really noticing after a few minutes of play.

I'd have to say that the worst thing about the game graphics is that Link's eyes and the eyes of the other characters seem very much 2D. Look at the below picture and tell me they don't look drawn in.

But honestly, from the pic, can you say that the graphics are unbearable? I got so caught up in the game, they no longer mattered to me. Yes, they could have been better, but they are good enough.

Game Controls:

One thing I hate in a game is when you have to go through very complex button combos to get certain attacks. In Twilight Princess, the attacks are easy to do and very fun. Swinging the Wiimote to the side will draw your sword and thrusting and swiping it will give you different attacks. You can lock onto a target with Z and as you go through the game, you learn simple combos to give you special moves, like the Finishing Move. Combat is fun and it's easy and it's also interesting to watch because some of Link's moves are just plain cool. For example, shaking the nunchuck will make Link spin a circle and attack all enemies that are near.

Also, the moves are taught to you by characters in the game and for once they are good teachers. They make sure you master the move before you can go on, which is helpful, though potentially frustrating. Something that made me smile was how cleverly Nintendo managed to disguise teachers. When you get your slingshot, the kids beg you to show off, which allows you to practice. And once you get your sword they ask you to do a demonstration, and say things like, "You can do a stab, right? Just hold down A and thrust forward! I bet you can do it!" which tells you how to do a move, but makes it seem like you aren't learning. I liked that.

Combat is fun and easy, and so is just moving around and doing stuff. If you walk up to something, A, your action button, will put a little message on the bottom of the screen that will tell you what you can do with the object/ person. So, say, if you walked up to speak to someone, it might say "Speak" and then you press and voila! Speech! Well, Link never talks, but... You get the idea.

The control pad on the Wiimote allows you to set specific items, which is super helpful, as opposed to scrolling through a long list to find what you need.

Gameplay: This game is great to play. It's full of quests and puzzles, but what makes it so fun is that everything is logical, so if you think for a second, you can solve anything the game puts forth. There lots of fun items and weapons that you can gather throughout the game that make a huge difference-- my advice:

Break every pot and jar, talk to everyone, use your wolf senses often, dig where ever you see shiny spots, and if something doesn't open/ won't come down, come back and try it later.

Anyways, the storyline is fun to follow. Sure, in the beginning, there are some mini quests you have to do, but they're really simple and exploring the town really comes in handy later on. Plus, if you just think for a moment and let the answers come to you, then those parts will be done in no time. If you don't like to think and logic and brains just aren't your deal, then this game definitely isn't for you.

One really nice part of the game are the maps, which are so easy to use and much better than I've had in some other games. They tell you where you came from and what direction you are going in. When you find the compass, the map you get by pressing 1 tells you where the bosses and treasure chests are. Quite nice.

Hearts are easy to get, they're all over the place. Which makes it kind of hard to die, but then, I'd rather it be easy to stay alive than die all the time and have the hassle of Game Over starting points and all that.

There is a guide you will meet in the game called Midna. She'll tell you thing along the way, so never forget to talk to her. She's really is a big help when you forget what your supposed to do. It's nice to be reminded once in a while.

One of the best parts of this game is that it has a great plot. Much better than shoot the zombies or steal that car. It's very easy to lose yourself and in Hyrule, and frankly, quite enjoyable to do so. Everything, from meeting Zelda for the first time to the cut scenes are exciting and I'm having so much fun playing.

Pros:

-The game is fun with a great plot

-Lots of thinking puzzles which make you feel smart when you get it

-Easy gameplay and combat moves

-Good teachers to tell you how to do complex stuff

-Graphics aren't too bad

-Huge map! So many places to go!

-Good music

-Monsters aren't always attacking you and you don't get whirled away into battle scenes (like Pokemon, or Kingdom Hearts)

Cons:

-Rumor has it, once you finish the game, you can't go back and explore

-Graphics could be better

-Players need to adjust screen brightness. This isn't really a con, but the dungeons will be way darker than they're supposed to, so try messing with your TV's brightness so you can see everything well.

-Dungeons and quests can be annoying if you don't like thinking.

Overall, I'd say this is a great game, totally worth the money and time. So far, I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

P.S: Make sure, if you buy online, that you get it for the correct system; I almost bought the Gamecube version. I think it's more fun on the Wii so that's my preference.

Ri's Rating:

QQQQQ/QQQQQ

5/5
9 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.