Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change

Showing 1-10 of 246 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 591 reviews
on June 14, 2016
So far this has been a wonderful game! For being a fairly avid Zelda fan, my life hasn't allowed me to be able to play this game until This week in June. Very worth the purchase ... just try to be sure the disk is pretty much like new (atleast that's how I feel about purchasing games which are discs). I don't want to get halfway through and discover that one scratch that was mentioned about before purchase ruins all the rest of the game. ; p Iff ya have WiiU, get the HD version. Might as well, right? This one will still work on the WiiU though.

Anyway, great fun, loving all the movement I get in this game. It's beautiful, and the story is grand! The only Zelda game I never really had an affinity for really though was Majora's mask... although that's my own opinion and believe that there are many folks out there who actually loved that game. It's still fun though. This game though brings memories back for me of OOT in the way it really provides a story to get in to, some easy great gameplay, and pretty amazin' friggin' graphics. It's a game ya can really feel, just like other Zelda games. If ya can play this, do it, and I'm sure most of you have already gone and done it.
on December 21, 2016
The disc was in near perfect condition, along with the box and the original instruction booklet. It plays fine. Well done.

4.10.17. I made my way to 16 (2/4) last night trying to enter the Sacred Grove. There is a terminal defect in the disc that prevents the platform from spinning just before getting to the howling stone. There are similar complaints in Google search. Reloading/cleaning (otherwise immaculate) disc is no help. Even though Z targeting will highlight yellow, throwing the boomerang will NOT spin the vanes. I have tried innumerable times in all sorts of combinations and followed the online "Y: Zelda faron woods platfrom feed." Nothing. Will need to buy another disc.
VINE VOICEon September 24, 2012
I, like many, was very excited for this game. Heck, I wasn't even that much into Zelda at that time, but I remember when the whole Wii reveal was commencing, and the new Zelda game just blew people away. My roommate's eyes widened when he saw the first trailer in 2005 (he was a huge Zelda nut), and I knew I had to get into Zelda before TP (as it would come to be known). So, along with coming to know the Wii's hardware, I was excited about the game. Very much that I had to pre-order it before I even had the system; thankfully, I used a friend's.

Come the release of the game, and I was shocked. Not by the greatness of the game, but how the Wii's controls didn't work as I expected. I thought it was the control itself--maybe it was faulty--but I learned that Link didn't have 1:1 movement. Heck, the Wii didn't have 1:1 precision. Still, that didn't deter me from playing and enjoying the game.
I had played only Ocarina and the original Zeldas beforehand, so when I started the game and got a good ways into it, I I realized it was very formulaic, but still kept the edge by having Link transform into a wolf, not to mention it was the "darkest" Zelda out there, giving Hyrule a shadowed theme and having the characters look more real than ever (as real as they can look).

The usual minigames were present, and the arsenal didn't feel entirely revolutionary. What was great, though, was fighting on Epona and utilizing wolf Link's abilities. The fights with wolf Link left me wanting to transform back to human, but it weren't entirely irritating. Midna is a great addition to the franchise, though she did, like Link's many female companions, become slightly annoying at times. The final fight was great, implementing a wide range of the installment's weaponry and the Wii's controls (considering it was an enhanced GameCube game), ended up being my favorite Zelda game--until Skyward Sword.

On to Wind Waker!
on April 16, 2014
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is an adventure to be treasured, with its vast landscaping, easy battle maneuverability, treasure hunting, and moments where you want to stop and gaze at the beautiful scenery.

Midna, Link's new companion, is a mischievous imp that aids him throughout his journey through Hyrule. She can transform Link into a Twilight Wolf, where he must hone his senses as a canine to make his way through the Twilight.

Besides the main quest, there are several sidequest that can be completed as well.

Twilight Princess is definitely a push forward in The Legend of Zelda franchise!
on July 13, 2013
Ocarina of Time for the n64 was my favorite game of all time. I grew up with it and I just grew to love the puzzles, action and the world. Played that game so much I have to consider it a big part of my childhood. Fast forward to the gamecube/wii era. Graphics have been overhauled and motion is introduced. I saw they were making a new Zelda, and well it got marked on my calendar lets just say that!

To be honest, the first day I got this game I played for 13.5 hours and I don't regret a minute. I regret I needed to stop because the human body isn't meant for that hahaha. Utterly a beautiful game, writing, environment and action sequences. It's different from ocarina of time, but you just get the feeling that this game pays tribute to it's predecessor, ie the first dungeon is forest, then fire, water etc.
And yet, there are so many differences. Hyrule is bigger and far more expansive. There's a sense of a dark world which reminded me of A link to the past(the greatest snes game of all time fyi). The biggest change is the addition of the wolf. Early on link gains these powers similar to the power of the deku scrub in Majoras Mask (amazing game). In traditional Zelda fashion these powers open up new doors to new places. Gone is Navi/tael from the n64 days and enter Midna. Cocky yet caring imp who aids you in your journey. She helps you understand your new powers and puts you on the path to save the kingdom; similar ideology but writing does it no justice as to how you two work together.
Ok so new Zelda that means one thing....new toys! And I am happy to report Link just got the 007 treatment for new toys. The new clawshot(s) just make the hookshot feel foolish, that's all I can say.
Gamecube/vs wii version. I had this originally on gamecube and the controller combo felt perfect. The wii holds up but starts off a little sluggish because I wasn't used to motion control. But I really feel that it isn't gimmicky at all like some people thought; this is a game that works well with motion control. It involves you with Link more and who wouldn't want to be in that action???

Bottom Line: Twilight Princess is just an amazing game from start to finish. The world is fleshed out beautifully, the combat is tighter than it's ever been, the toys are great and good ole' Zelda side questing that we love is alive and well. Gamecube or wii is really preferential, I liked them both. If your really familar with motion control then give the wii one a shot, but if your not into it the game itself will treat you right on gamecube.
side note: the dungeons are backwards on the wii vs the gamecube. No real difference, just really neat!
on April 18, 2011
When 2004 rolled around,Zelda creator Shigeru Miyamoto and his team started working on the Wii,so they had to lend their new Zelda project to someone else.It turned out to be Eiji Aonuma,who started working for Nintendo in 1998.Miyamoto wanted it to be even better than Ocarina of Time(N64,1998) aka the best Zelda game ever.Here is the result:Story:This time,Link's main antagonist is Zant,the"King" of the Twilight Realm,(Realm,not Zone)who wants to bathe Hyrule in Twilight. Using sword,shield,his arsenal of weapons and tools,and the form of a sacred wolf when in Twilight,Link must bring down this new threat. The Twilight being named Midna takes over for Navi as your guide. But the best thing about the story is that(some of you already know)the whole thing comes down to 3 characters,and the way the game does it is both smart and creative.Gameplay:Combat is all about knowing the enemy,especially with the bosses. The combat is perfect. The special secret skills are shocking,too. All of the items are fun to use,both to hurt enemies and to solve puzzles. As a wolf,you can dig for treasure,follow scents,and see things that the normal eye can't.It will eventually become essential. The best things probably are the secrets.If you take time to look around,you might find Pieces of Heart,Poe Souls,and Golden Bugs. Graphics and Sound:If there were to be a contest of the best Wii graphics,this game would be on top. The graphics are great. Unfortunately,all music is recycled(people who have played Ocarina of Time will notice this). But for players who haven't heard it,it's great. My final review score is 9.6 out of 10.0. You will love this game.
on October 5, 2009
Twilight Princess is the most recent installment in the Legend of Zelda franchise. It came out in 2006 for the Wii and the Game Cube.

It follows the story of Link as he ventures in and out of the Twilight realms to save Hyrule. He has been chosen by the Gods; the sign of the Triforce on his hand proves that. He is the only human that can travel between the Light world and the Twilight. When his friends are captured by the Twilight fiends of darkness, he goes after them to save them-- and turns in Wolf-Link, his Twilight form. After escaping the dungeons he was trapped in, Wolf-Link meets Zelda and she tells him what has happened to his world. From there, he is set on a quest to gain power equal to the Master of Twilight, so that he may restore light to Hyrule, and thus save the world.

I got it for my birthday a week ago and my opinion is that I am loving every second of it. Here's a quick overview:

Graphics: The graphics aren't bad, however due to what other game systems have, you may notice that they could be better. Just remember that the game is a few years old and that technology usually improves every three years. And guys, lets face it: if we cared about graphics we would have gotten a PS3.

The images are pretty smooth and there is a lot of detail put in to the background and characters. Like how Link's hand glows with the Triforce and his hair will blow in the wind. Of course, every now and then, you'll get the blocky straight lines that were meant to be a rounded edge, but I actually stopped really noticing after a few minutes of play.

I'd have to say that the worst thing about the game graphics is that Link's eyes and the eyes of the other characters seem very much 2D. Look at the below picture and tell me they don't look drawn in.

But honestly, from the pic, can you say that the graphics are unbearable? I got so caught up in the game, they no longer mattered to me. Yes, they could have been better, but they are good enough.

Game Controls:

One thing I hate in a game is when you have to go through very complex button combos to get certain attacks. In Twilight Princess, the attacks are easy to do and very fun. Swinging the Wiimote to the side will draw your sword and thrusting and swiping it will give you different attacks. You can lock onto a target with Z and as you go through the game, you learn simple combos to give you special moves, like the Finishing Move. Combat is fun and it's easy and it's also interesting to watch because some of Link's moves are just plain cool. For example, shaking the nunchuck will make Link spin a circle and attack all enemies that are near.

Also, the moves are taught to you by characters in the game and for once they are good teachers. They make sure you master the move before you can go on, which is helpful, though potentially frustrating. Something that made me smile was how cleverly Nintendo managed to disguise teachers. When you get your slingshot, the kids beg you to show off, which allows you to practice. And once you get your sword they ask you to do a demonstration, and say things like, "You can do a stab, right? Just hold down A and thrust forward! I bet you can do it!" which tells you how to do a move, but makes it seem like you aren't learning. I liked that.

Combat is fun and easy, and so is just moving around and doing stuff. If you walk up to something, A, your action button, will put a little message on the bottom of the screen that will tell you what you can do with the object/ person. So, say, if you walked up to speak to someone, it might say "Speak" and then you press and voila! Speech! Well, Link never talks, but... You get the idea.

The control pad on the Wiimote allows you to set specific items, which is super helpful, as opposed to scrolling through a long list to find what you need.

Gameplay: This game is great to play. It's full of quests and puzzles, but what makes it so fun is that everything is logical, so if you think for a second, you can solve anything the game puts forth. There lots of fun items and weapons that you can gather throughout the game that make a huge difference-- my advice:

Break every pot and jar, talk to everyone, use your wolf senses often, dig where ever you see shiny spots, and if something doesn't open/ won't come down, come back and try it later.

Anyways, the storyline is fun to follow. Sure, in the beginning, there are some mini quests you have to do, but they're really simple and exploring the town really comes in handy later on. Plus, if you just think for a moment and let the answers come to you, then those parts will be done in no time. If you don't like to think and logic and brains just aren't your deal, then this game definitely isn't for you.

One really nice part of the game are the maps, which are so easy to use and much better than I've had in some other games. They tell you where you came from and what direction you are going in. When you find the compass, the map you get by pressing 1 tells you where the bosses and treasure chests are. Quite nice.

Hearts are easy to get, they're all over the place. Which makes it kind of hard to die, but then, I'd rather it be easy to stay alive than die all the time and have the hassle of Game Over starting points and all that.

There is a guide you will meet in the game called Midna. She'll tell you thing along the way, so never forget to talk to her. She's really is a big help when you forget what your supposed to do. It's nice to be reminded once in a while.

One of the best parts of this game is that it has a great plot. Much better than shoot the zombies or steal that car. It's very easy to lose yourself and in Hyrule, and frankly, quite enjoyable to do so. Everything, from meeting Zelda for the first time to the cut scenes are exciting and I'm having so much fun playing.

Pros:

-The game is fun with a great plot

-Lots of thinking puzzles which make you feel smart when you get it

-Easy gameplay and combat moves

-Good teachers to tell you how to do complex stuff

-Graphics aren't too bad

-Huge map! So many places to go!

-Good music

-Monsters aren't always attacking you and you don't get whirled away into battle scenes (like Pokemon, or Kingdom Hearts)

Cons:

-Rumor has it, once you finish the game, you can't go back and explore

-Graphics could be better

-Players need to adjust screen brightness. This isn't really a con, but the dungeons will be way darker than they're supposed to, so try messing with your TV's brightness so you can see everything well.

-Dungeons and quests can be annoying if you don't like thinking.

Overall, I'd say this is a great game, totally worth the money and time. So far, I am completely satisfied with my purchase.

P.S: Make sure, if you buy online, that you get it for the correct system; I almost bought the Gamecube version. I think it's more fun on the Wii so that's my preference.

Ri's Rating:

QQQQQ/QQQQQ

5/5
on April 2, 2015
After finishing this game for the first time, I have to say this is probably in my top 3 including OoT and LTTP. Back when this first came out, I remember being bummed about the whole Twilight forcing you to be a wolf thing, but it's actually done very well. You do backtrack a little bit in the early quests and some new locations appear in past areas, but later after you get into the main world, Hyrule in TP is amazing. The temples were fresh and crescendo-like with them getting better and better, IMHO. The only gripe I had was that I felt like Hyrule Castle and the fight with Ganon/Ganondorf was way too easy.
on August 13, 2011
I know my review will probably be voted not helpful, but you really should buy this zelda game. If your a fan of puzzel games (AKA zelda, FFCC (GC), Metroid, Okami, Super Monkey Balls, Pikmin, etch) This game lets you control link in both human & wolf form. Neither of which are that cool. What makes this zelda game is the puzzels & exploration. Like all zelda games there is a wonderful soundtrack that accompanies this game. (not a CD). Grapics are decent & game play is to dye for. So what are you waiting for go buy it. Or at least watch the trailer.
on May 24, 2014
I was hoping I was going to get the game with the cover that is displayed in the picture. I did not though, I instead got the red border Nintendo Selects edition. Now I know some are probably thinking, "WTH that's a dumb thing to be mad about" but as a collector I wanted the OG cover, not this nintendo selects game I could have bought at Walmart for $14.95. I am highly disappointed. Just a heads up to others who are looking for what I was.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.