Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 108 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 131 reviews
on December 8, 2011
My brother and I are sssooooo happy this movie finally came out on DVD! We've been looking for a copy of this movie since we first saw it on Cartoon Network--- which was a VERY long time ago. So we've been searching for years with no luck. I saw the VHS on Amazon, but it is way too much money for an outdated viewing format... plus my brother and I want to keep this treasure for a LONG time. That's how important this film was to us.

Every so often I would check around to see if it was finally available, and this time around it was! I texted my brother, who is away at college, "Guess what I found?" His immediate response was, "Life and Adventures of Santa Claus?!?!?" I was floored that he guessed on the first try. He told me that if I had said no he would be really sad. He is 21 years old! I'm 22.

This movie became our own special tradition (usually our parents are involved, but not this time), and we would always sit and watch it on Christmas Eve after dinner but before Midnight mass when it played on CN. When they changed their Christmas lineup, we were sad and disappointed. We searched the channels and looked in stores but couldn't find it. We regretted not taping it off the TV.

I guess the point to my story is, you won't be sorry getting this movie. It is about good will, kindness, and generosity. It will bring your family together and seem magical to your kids (even if they're preteens, which is when my brother and I discovered it). While looking for this film, we found the Rankin/Bass version, and HATED it. This is so much more beautiful, the animation is wonderful and the story doesn't come across as clunky as the R/B version. I feel for these characters and their issues... but the R/B version makes me care less. The biggest difference is the great Ack or Ark (I can't remember, it's been so long); R/B's is very cruel, while this version he is very sympathetic.

Please get this movie, you'll love it!
on April 21, 2017
What a Powerful Movie and Story about The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus!!! That's how life should be everyday helping out the poor not just for Christmas, Everyday of The Year!!! It would make this World a Better Place and for The Children!!! I'm Glad that I Bought this on DVD!!!:)
on January 20, 2016
A beautifully animated story that feels more authentic to me than any others I've seen. It explains alot about the "Woodland Santa / Father Christmas" types I have seen (mainly in Victorian / vintage cards) going through the woods in the snow with a long winter robe and a sack full of gifts and little trees to bring to families and children. I have always had an interest in the origins of Santa and this one brings many pieces of the puzzle together for me. I love it with all my heart; it is very dear to me.

Note for young children and sensetive individuals: there are a couple of mildly discordant parts in it - some about the life and treatment of children long long ago and the forces that try to keep Santa from reaching the kids....not a deal breaker but a caution for those who are interested in being forewarned about viewing material..
on January 6, 2017
I swear, I'm like the only person I know who remembers when this movie used to play on Cartoon Network (pretty sure that's the channel). I've been thinking about this movie since I was 6, and I finally found it! I actually didn't open it until Christmas Eve because I was really worried that I wouldn't like it as much as I remembered.

SPOILER ALERT: It's just as good as it was in 2000.

My mom and I had a great time watching it together and it was perfect for Christmas Eve. I love this movie just as much as I did the first time (and the countless times afterwards).
on January 28, 2013
**Review is not so much about the movie, more about how excited that I found it*
How can one easily describe the moment when you find that hidden gem that has been forgotten after all these years... Oh yeah, this is that GEM! It would be to long of a story to tell you how many years I spent looking for this movie through talks with friends and family. Asking them, "have you ever watched the movie where Santa Claus was raised by faires and then lived in a log cabin in the woods with his friend that looked like a monkey. In was on Cartoon Network one year?" Then the answer would be the same, "What?"
Well folks long story short, this is Zen. The movie in itself is not award winning nor the best written, but it has a lot of charm and spirit. The movie I once saw in the early 2000's was a great fantasy of Old ST Nick that was very gripping and fun to watch, but with age the once lovable story seems to ring hollow on a man that is criticizing its writing.... Then it happened a second watch with my 4 year old niece who's emotions and reactions to Santa Claus were fulfilling in themselves.
This second play through with her actually makes me think of the first time I watched it and how I should look at kids movies/shows through the eyes of a child instead of the narcissistic and cynical old man I will become. Overall the self gratification of finding the movie that everybody thought I made up and the hopes that I can cherish this movie with my nieces and nephews, and someday my own kids, is worth owning.
on November 6, 2012
I remember seeing this animated story when it first came out . I fell in love with it, and so did my wife. We looked for it in all the video stores, but could never seem to find it. The years went by and still no luck. We finally guessed we had best forget ever getting a copy of this very lovely story. Well, to make a long story short, I lost my wife a few years ago, but I never gave up hope for obtaining this movie. At long last, by searching Amazon by the actors I knew had voiced the characters, I finally came across it by referencing Hal Holbrook, who basically narrates the story. It is still just as delightful today as it was when I first saw it. If you're into the legends of Saint Nick, then this is the film for you. It is beautiful told and brilliantly illustrated and animated, and I highly recommend it to any who love a good story.
on December 21, 2014
This is a pretty good adaptation of the book. Of course this is an older movie it's recently been put on DVD so keep that in mind when watching it you're not gonna see any computer animation or anything else like that and the acting is a bit over-the-top but again it didn't do too bad considering the book was written over 100 years ago. If you ever get a chance to read the book it's probably one of the best Christmas stories Ever written. It's written by Frank L Baum ( the same person who wrote the Wizard of Oz)
on January 19, 2016
My oldest daughter saw this movie years ago. It used to be on television, but it has been quite some time since she has viewed it. This was one of her favorites, because of it's believable nature. The story line makes sense and is very heartwarming to watch. My daughter was very happy to receive this DVD and is keeping it with her Christmas collection.
on February 8, 2015
This was my mistake, but to be clear this is the ANIMATED version of "The Life and Adventures of Santa Clause" and NOT the STOCK MOTION one.
I didn't realize this. I've seen some stock motion films that still have animation covers, and that's what I thought this was. Still haven't watched this movie yet. I will at some point I guess.

But NOT STOCK MOTION PICTURE, THIS IS ANIMATED VERSION.

Again, this was my mistake.
on September 8, 2016
The first time I ever saw this movie was on television. I immediately fell in love with the fairies and the story of how Santa Claus came to be. I am so glad that I found this on dvd, now I can watch it whenever I wish to, especially when the holidays are practically here.