Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 28, 2016
This book is amazing. It actually helped me meet my husband. We're happy as can be too. I would say their is a lot of truth to the book and yes I doubted even myself on some of the ways it came across but it did actually work. I found a man who believed the way I did, who followed the books protocol. He had made his intentions clear. What women need to understand is a man may not propose within 30 days but if he doesn't make intentions clear by day 30 it's time to move on. Just follow the list and it should turn out alright! :)
2 people found this helpful
on March 8, 2011
The information in this book really isn't full of secrets. Bottom line: if a man is in love with you and has marriage on his mind, his actions and words will clearly leave you with no doubt.

I bought this book over 2 years ago when I was heavy in the dating world. Even though I held the knowledge promoted in this book, I still hung onto men who absolutely had no intention of a serious relationship, let alone marriage. Men who would not call me for days. Men who would stand me up. Yet, I still keep thinking, "maybe if I can show him how wonderful I am, he will change his mind." Doesn't work, ladies.

I met my husband-to-be just 7 months ago. I knew within a few weeks of dating that he was "the one". He did every single item on "the list. When he proposed on the 6-month anniversary of our first date, I really wasn't surprised. He made it very clear by his actions and words that he wanted me for life. I rang his "alarm" as the book calls it. We are getting married next month.

The advice of this book is very simple: quit wasting time on men who do not love you or have no intentions of marrying you. Cut them loose! I wish I had really took "the list" to heart when I was dating. It would have saved myself a lot of heartache and from lowering my self-esteem by allowing men to treat me less than special.
9 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 5, 2017
I have 4 brothers and they all agree that this book is spot on, when it come to knowing if a man is going to marry you or not.
One person found this helpful
on April 6, 2013
I try not to make laws out of guidelines, however, if you are in the dating arena, single, newly divorced, divorced for a long time, or just flat out make crappy decisions and choices when it comes to men, then this is your bible. I am so serious. I am a Relationship Strategist, and for those of you who have gifts that you can help everyone but yourself, then I strongly encourage you in the area of unhealthy relationships to get this book. I have bought at least 10 and given them away to anyone who can't seem to figure out how to get it right. This isn't about a guarantee that a man will marry you, this is about some fundamental principles to weed out the jerks and the ones that are wasting your time, from the ones that are worth your time. It may or may not work out, but at least you walk away with your dignity in tact, and a lot less investment of emotional, physical, and mental energy for someone who was never worth your time. I got this copy, because I always keep a stash on hand for myself. Happily in a committed relationship.
3 people found this helpful
on November 9, 2012
I thought this book was a nice change of pace from the usual relationship advice given to women. Instead of telling women to twist themselves into a pretzel to please a man, and giving advice on how to put up with bad male behavior, this book shifts the focus on the woman selecting a man with good traits and tells you how to spot the ones who won't commit and DUMP THEM. There were some things I didn't quite agree with, and some of the stories used to illustrate "The List" had a few plot holes, but overall, I think this is a good book, for the woman who is FINALLY ready to let a good man find her, instead of reading yet another book on how to re-arrange HER personality to please a man who doesn't deserve her to begin with.
7 people found this helpful
on May 26, 2017
Amazing. This book was so simple and cleared up so many things. Already saved me from confusion. Thank you! Definitely recommend for anyone who is serious about getting married. Loved it.
on January 3, 2014
When I read this book, I thought, "You've got to be kidding." But, I thought I'd follow along and see what transpires. I followed the steps, including Step 1, and my now husband followed every single step!!! I was amazed.............and didn't tell him about this book--and the steps he followed--until about 1 month before our wedding date! I have excitedly shared this book (and my story) with other women at the dances for singles. (Oh, by the way, I'm in my mid 70's and my husband is a week younger.....does that qualify me as a "Cougar"? Ha! Just kidding!!!) "Babydoll"
2 people found this helpful
on March 24, 2017
I was married, then unmarried for 20 years- dated like a fiend in that 20 years. Towards the end of my 20 year interlude, I read this book & recognized that the info was 100% correct. Funny how after I gave the contents of this book serious credence, my dating improved as far as the way I was treated by men. I was not looking to remarry per se, but at age 57, I've gotten & turned down a few proposals in the last few years & finally met one I said yes to! Marriage doesn't have to be a priority, but being treated well by the man/men in your life should be at the top of your list! And if it is, ladies, order this book & take it very seriously. I do like the rules series, but like someone else said in all these reviews, this is NOT about twisting yourself into a pretzel, but recognizing positive behaviors & having healthy boundaries.
review image
3 people found this helpful
on March 8, 2006
I bought this book a week ago and have read it cover to cover 3 times. I wish this book would have been written 10 years ago, it could have saved me a lot of grief.

It's really simple, you either sound the man's alarm or you don't. All those "man rules" fly by the wayside when a man is smitten with you and plans on having you around for life. Men are not that complicated.

Deep down inside we all know if we're dating a time waster and man who views us as a good for now girl. You know the girl (maybe you) he dates and sleeps with you, maybe tells you he loves you, tells everyone you're his girlfriend, but never plans on marrying you.

The same one who's always busy at the office, has his little side friends and hobbies and blows you off occasionally? This man is keeping you until a bigger better deal comes along. Once he meets his dream girl, you're gone.

I use the List now as my litmus test. Any man who exhibits flaky or non-list behavior will be deleted from my address book and thrown back into the pond for another woman to fish out.
18 people found this helpful
on May 22, 2006
My daughter, age 24, said the book is a fast and enjoyable read. All of her friends wanted to read it, too. Basically, if the guy is ready to settle down, there are definite signs. If he isn't ready, just plan on having a fun time, but don't plan the wedding. If you want 'a keeper' and the current guy is not on the same page, move on. I've been married 29 years and to you young women, I say, grab the gold ring now; do experience everything, if you've dreamed it, do it. Once you're married, your life is no longer your own and many of your dreams go unfulfilled. It takes a very good husband to be better than no husband. Wishing you the best, a mom of three daughters.
8 people found this helpful