Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Little Book of Perfumes: The Hundred Classics
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on October 29, 2011
Let me start off by saying that I am a HUGE fan of the Perfumes: A-Z guide by the same authors. I own both of these, and I'm glad I do. This is the portable, can't miss version of the big guy. It's going to come with me to every perfume counter I visit until I've smelled all 96 of these that are still in production.

If you know someone who's interested in perfume, but not totally sure about it, this would be a great starter book. It presents 96 best-of-the-best perfumes with (approx. 1 page) reviews of each. The book also references price ($-$$$$) and a two word description of the perfume (e.g., huge floral, classic oriental) which I find to be extremely helpful, since sometimes I just want to cut to the chase and know what's so great about the perfume.

If you're a perfume fan and don't own either book yet, I'd go with the A-Z guide. It's slightly outdated (2007, I think?), but you have all the fun of being able to look up the perfumes that you love and see how Luca and Tania described them.

Now for the confusing part: The original reviews for these perfumes are from the A-Z guide (published a few years ago). However, since then, there have been changes to some of these 5-star perfume formulas. Luca and Tania include updates to their reviews, which is great. Unfortunately, some of these formulas no longer appear to be 5-star formulas. I suppose this is just the nature of the perfume world, but I would have preferred to see only a new review written on the new formula (rather than the old reviews + an update). I just found it a little confusing (thus the one star reduction in my review!).

Now excuse me, I've got to get back to reading about perfume...
on November 26, 2012
This book was very disappointing. It just contains the 5 star perfumes from Turin and Sanchez's Perfumes: The Guide A-Z. Same reviews, same text. About 20% is added text and updates. BIG waste of money. Just get The Guide, it's more entertaining!
on January 23, 2013
I am a perfume lover and this book got me started on really enjoying and understanding perfumes. It is a great resource for anyone wanting to learn a bit about the art of perfumery or just to know what they are buying in the store before they plop down a lot of money for a fragrance. Definitely recommended.
on September 7, 2013
Always in search of wonderful scents (whether in perfume, food or wine), I am now much prouder of my nose because of the perfume I fell in love with before discovering this wonderful book. Turin calls it "the richest perfume in existence" -- Amouage Gold. Even Amouage's effort to top it in their new "Attar" doesn't dull Gold's shine. I've spent happy hours at leisure with Turin's eloquent descriptions and sampled several of his 100 that I hadn't tried. Each left me with greater respect for him. If he isn't the greatest "nose" in the world of perfume, I can't imagine who is. He's added to my list of impossible dreams--seeing every place on earth, reading all books ever written, and on my perfume rack having all of his 100.
on February 22, 2013
This is a brief version of the massive perfume guide by the same authors. Here they are presenting and evaluating only the five stars fragrances, and at the end listing the best of the best in different categories. If you already have the Perfume Guide, don't buy this one, it contains nothing new. If you want to find out which are the true masterpieces of the olfactory art, and not resd reviews of the many less accomplish fragrances, then this is the book for you.
on January 30, 2016
Bought this LITTLE BOOK OF PERFUMES for myself recently. I find myself searching for a few new really great scents. Very well written. One of the first tips I read was regarding a website called LUCKY SCENTS. I purchased a sample pack of scents for a very reasonable price. Have been trying a new one every day. Recommend this book to any perfume lover or just if you're looking to increase your knowledge.
on March 27, 2014
This is an update and follow-on to the author's initial analysis of significant perfumes, their ingredients and their history. It is a marvelous compendium of the best of the best and worth reading as a stand alone.
on October 31, 2013
I checked out Perfumes A-Z by same authors from library. Ended up starring or scanning all of the 5 stars to remember them. Then I found out this book contains only the 5 stars. I still recommend checking out Perfumes A-Z, but for reference, this book is great.
on November 20, 2012
This is a wonderful compendium of Luca Turin and Tonia Sanchez' perfume reviews. In a simple format, you have all their top picks in one place. This book gives a world of perfumes to seek out and test - they are top-rated in this book. The book makes it easy to find the highly rated perfumes that are for you. Excellent resource.
on February 15, 2012
I give it 3 stars only becasue i bought both of their books AZ guide and this one and was dissapointed, they copied everything from the previous book and put it as a new one:) and i could imagine which 100 would be on their list, all 5 stars parfumes, will return it!for a newbie i think previous book is much better becasue in my country i can not smell half of those 5 stars (guerlain and este lauder make up half of them)