Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

I was read this book throughout my childhood around Halloween and when my kid's second Halloween rolled around I decided we needed a copy for our home. Just as cute as I remember it, but two years old may be a little young for this book. She still listens to me read it, but I still think it's a bit wordy and advanced for her age. I'm sure in the not too distant future she will be obsessed with it.
on February 2, 2011
I first ran into this book 18 years ago when I went to visit my grandson, then 4 or 5 year old, and took him shopping for something special. From birth, his Dad, my son, had been reading his books to his son, and my grandson had some pretty advanced book interests. I bought him his first copy of the Tales of Narnia, but time on that visit didn't give me the opportunity to start the stories, so for that night we bought a simple child's book, THE LITTLE OLD LADY WHO WAS NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING, that I knew nothing about. That night I must have read that book 15 times with all the motions and sounds we could dream up. The book is similar to OLD McDONALD'S FARM where you make the noises and repeat each animal over and over again. Even as he was falling asleep, my grandson was grinning and fluttering his hands and wiggling his toes to the story. Later, using my own copy of the 1st of the Narnia books, I'd call and read him a chapter. A couple of years later he collected several copies of those books and the video and watched and read them before the second grade. Just recently, I found the authors name and the book and gave the new copy to him for Christmas. He's 22 and loved it. So I bought more to give as presents for other children.
on May 30, 2014
An excellent book for young children, ESL learners and for older readers who have become addicted to it! My copy of this book is being loved to death- because everyone including the much older (by now) children still want to hear me read it to them.
Originally I used this book to teach ESL but I found it had a much wider appeal. The LOL was INDEED afraid, but what could she do about it? The older children are still amazed that she actually opened the door when she was so afraid....there are good openings for discussions here. And what can you do to relax yourself when you are really scared? Whistle, of course! And why does that work?
on December 22, 2017
my daughter loves reading it because its repetetive. i wouldnt say that its a fun read for adults, but i love that it has kind of a spooky new england feel for us Mainers.
on March 31, 2017
This is a very fun book! It repeats the chorus each time and my son joins in. Highly recommended.
on January 8, 2018
This is a favorite for all the children I read to. Plus it's fun to act out and reinforce the words is the story
on May 17, 2016
My kids loved this book! Still talk about it till this day!
on December 30, 2017
Grandson's favorite of all the Halloween books I sent him. Got such a kick out of it.
on October 4, 2016
This Little Old Lady had a very interesting walk one afternoon. She met a lot of strange things that suddenly came to life. Read and enjoy!
on October 18, 2017
My 4 yr. old granddaughter loves this story.