Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on January 8, 2014
I'm a big fan of Chester Brown's and already had the hardcover edition of this book. This softcover edition adds an early black and white strip drawn when he was twelve and a new page on the back cover. There are some extra end notes as well. But if you already have the hardcover version it's not worth it to buy the softcover, you're not missing anything. The stories themselves are a broad range with most from Brown's prime Yummy Fur days. A big negative of this softcover version is that the paper is a yellowish color which detracts from the artwork. A more neutral color would have been easier on my eyes. Minus one star for the yellow pages.

But the deal breaker for this softcover edition is that the cover is cheaply glued on with an adhesive that will come off when you start paging through the book. The book production is very poor! I only took two stars off for this but really, if the book is coming apart, that's probably zero stars as I'm going to return this. If you're new to Chester Brown I would suggest starting with either Paying For It or Ed the Happy Clown instead. Hope this review helps somewhat in making your buying decision.
on January 2, 2013
I had not read this before,
and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I think I mailed it away as a gift after I read it.
Is that re-gifting?