Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,010 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,738 reviews
VINE VOICEon October 1, 2013
Everybody knows that The Little Mermaid is classic Disney, so I'll skip the movie review for now. I just want to say that the BLU RAY transfer is really gorgeous and comparable to some of the best Disney BDs I own, such as Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland (1951).

The whole color palette is signature Disney and really pops in 1080p. It doesn't look too digitized though, as Disney will sometimes do. It looks classic. Soft where it should be and very sharp when it should be too. I've seen this movie probably 100 times, but I can honestly say that watching it in full HD was like seeing it again for the first time. Without HD, you don't really how much ART was put into the movie. Some of the backdrops literally took my breath away.

As for Audio, it is flawless as well. Delicious surround-sound water noises, fabulous orchestral musical numbers, deep thunderous booms for Ursula. It probably won't show off your system like a super hero movie, but it does sound really, really, really good.

I don't have a 3D TV yet, so I can't comment on that yet, although my friend does have one and he said that the 3D transfer was a little lame. Mostly depth and atmospheric effects, not a lot of pop. I'm okay with that, not really a big 3D guy anyway.

OVERALL: Disney lovers, HD fanatics and anybody else - this is a must-have for the collection. HIGHLY recommended!
on December 6, 2013
After being slightly disappointed with the effects on the Blu-ray release of Beauty and the Beast, I was skeptical on how this movie would look in 3D. I was happy to be proven wrong. The movie has always been a personal favorite and the effects really brought a fresh take to the film that made me feel like I was experiencing it for the first time. The underwater setting really benefits from the jump to 3D, reminding me most of Finding Nemo (one of my favorite 3D releases). The extra dimension really helped to show detail in the drawings that I had never noticed before, in the 20+ years of regular viewing and I applaud the effort that it must have taken to make the effect as seamless as it is.

The HD transfer of the movie is gorgeous, and the only complaint I have is that there are several scenes that seem to be altered or changed, most notably during "Part of Your World". Disney released a statement, claiming that there was an oversight during the remastering process that caused Ariel to be out of sync with the music. If you own the 2D blu-ray or DVD release, you can contact Disney for a replacment but, at present time, it doesn't appear that they are able to replace the 3D version. In all fairness, the error in question only lasts for a few seconds and shouldn't deter you from purchasing the movie; it just might be a little jarring for a moment. Aside from that minor gripe, this is still the classic movie you remember and love and it honestly has never looked better than it has on this release.
on June 23, 2017
The movie and special features are all there, I guess I'm just partial to the original without the remastered stuff. Also I think it's a bit odd that the movie case says the little mermaid but on my xbox/playstation it says it's the Diamond Edition. Like maybe the discs were swapped out or something. But still watchable and enjoyable.
on March 21, 2017
I bought this movie for my girlfriend as it is one of her favorites since childhood. It is obnoxiously hard to find in department stores such as Target and WalMart and so to find this was a happy surprise. The diamond edition is great, providing both Blu-Ray and standard copies of the movie to watch on any system. Awesome!
on September 13, 2016
This is my favorite Disney movie of all time! I have such great memories of watching it as a child. I ordered this copy for my daughter for us to watch at home and on the road. This was the DVD and digital copy diamond edition. It's stored in the black, plastic full case and arrived in the original packaging.

I've started ordering copies of DVDs (we don't have a blue ray player) with the digital copy so that we can watch the movies on our iPad when we're on vacation, camping etc... What I didn't know until this purchase was that there are different formats on which you can view and download the digital copy. I just thought they were all from iTunes. This specific copy purchased did not have an iTunes option but it did have Amazon video - which was very easy to use and can be watched without an internet connection. This is a major plus for us as we are traveling alot out of cell range.
on April 8, 2016
I was thrilled when the little mermaid came out of the Disney vault! We purchased the diamond addition of the little mermaid which includes the DVD the Blu-ray and the digital copy to this movie. The digital copy can be seen on any device there is a paper inside of the DVD case with simple steps showing you how to use it on your products we have Apple and android products and have used this many times . When are movie arrived it was nicely packaged the DVD came with a protective sleeve over the diamond edition case . I would recommend this Disney classic to everyone, it's only going to be out a few more years until he goes back in the Disney vault.
review image review image
on November 1, 2016
Had to share a part of my childhood magic with my 3 year old . Only downside is he won't stop brushing his hair with his fork. Every. Single.time.
🤔 But what the hell - if I can still be a princess in my head at 33, that darn fork can be a dingle hopper for as long as he likes for all I care 👍😘
on April 25, 2017
Unable to use sent to me from UK not what I wanted, won't play on USA DVD players.
on July 14, 2016
The movie wouldn't play straight through it kept freezing and my niece didn't get to enjoy it. We checked our wifi connection in NY which was fine because my husband was on his lap top face timing with his boss without difficulty.
on November 7, 2016
Came damaged. Part of the case was broken, not allowing for disk to stay in place and caused scratching of the disk.