Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 16, 2017
The movie itself is great, but this particular "Diamond Edition" of the movie is a waste of money. The set includes a digital copy, which comes at a significant additional cost yet when you try to redeem your digital copy, you are told that a digital copy is not available for this movie. The digital copy was 100% the reason why I even bought this particular item, so I'm pretty angry. Why is Disney selling a disc with a feature that is not even available???
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 4, 2017
Of course this movie is AMAZING! BUT I The DVD is for AUSTRALIA!!! On the case it says this DVD cannot be sold or used outside of Australia. Really? It doesn't play, bad advertising and probably illegal to sell in the US. Read the fine print on the back in the photo.. I'm sending it back...
review image
on March 30, 2017
This works perfectly on my Xbox one and a really old blu ray player my parents have! I also live in the United States and worried it wasn't going to work but it did! It's amazing deal for the movies of my favorite disney princess!
on December 19, 2017
Bought new from third party only for digital code. Code still worked in 12/2017!
on March 26, 2016
Digitally i could get a copy on itunes and VUDU. This studio is doing the right thing that allows me to watch the movie and not have to juggle 600 apps on where i need to watch the movie. If i own the movie i should also receive a digital copy on any provider. If i shell out 15-20 for a movie when everyone else is stealing them digitally i should be rewarded for it. Disney is doing the right thing by Disney Movies Anywhere.
on August 17, 2017
i bought this for my almost 2 year old, but my husband thinks i bought it for myself, as i have been belting all the songs along with ariel. my 2 yr old loves it too. so crazy to see how much animation has advanced in almost 30 yrs!!!!!!!

i do wish i had gotten the version w the digi copy so i could download to tablet...i'll upgrade for the next one.
on November 23, 2004
In 1989, Disney made a comeback ater having failures for about 10 years, and they returned to make fairy tales with the Little Mermaid, it might be 2 bad Disney can't make them like this anymore, the more recent movies like Lilo & Stitch, The Emperor's New Groove, Piglet's Big Movie, and Brother Bear are all cute films, but they might not live up to the classics like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, and the Little Mermaid. When this movie first came out on dvd, I could buy it on dvd since there was no dvd player in the house, and it was already out of stock by the time dvds first enter in my house, so last week I brought a copy of the film of the marketplace, even though I was quite disappointed in getting a hard cover copy of "How I changed my life". As the movie opens, there is a concert in the kingdom of King Triton (Kenneth Mars), featureing all of his daughters including the youngest Ariel (Jodie Benson), who is not present at the concert, who is off visiting a boat with her sidekick Flounder (Jason Marin), and finds a couple of human stuff, and adds it to her collection, while she has forgotten about the concert. But when she remains she rushes home, and is in trouble with her father, and tells her that he doesn't want to hear of her going to thee surface again. But once again she disobys her father, and goes off after seeig fireworks, and lays eyes on Price Eric (Christopher Daniel Barnes). And she falls in love with him, and she saves his life when a strom hits, and brings him to land. But when a crab named Sebastian (Samuel E. Wright) mistaken tells King Triton, he oderes her not to see her new human freind again, and destroys all her treasures including a new statue that was given to her from Flounder a few seconds before, which leads her into meeting Ursula (Pat Caroll) who worsk a deal, that if she trade her voice, and her fins, she will make a portion that will maek a human foe 3 days, and she will have to get Prince Eric to kiss her, to have her remain a human by sunset of the 3rd day.
on March 23, 2008
I wrestled for the longest time over whether to purchase this DVD, and I'm so glad I did! Also, I'm so glad Amazon STILL had this in stock; and shipped it so speedily!
Although the Disney Version adds a typical "Disneyfied Happy Ending" to Hans Christian Anderson's original tragic and bittersweet fairy tale, there is absolutely no denying the emotional sweep of the Broadway calibre score by Alan Menchen and the late Howard Ashman; most noteably "Part Of Your World" and "Under The Sea."
In addition, the voice cast, featuring Jodi Benson, Pat Carroll, and Christopher Daniel Barnes, is superb! The entire production recalls the glory days of Disney Animation, which reached a superb apex with "SLEEPING BEAUTY" 30 Years earlier. Not surprisingly, "Little Mermaid" ushered in a new wave of Disney animated musicals-- and this at a time when Disney's Feature Animation Dept. was banished to a smaller location off the main lot and considered dead but not officially buried.
"Beauty and The Beast" received the "Best Picture" Oscar nomination, but I think "Little Mermaid" is the far superior film. The DVD extras, chronicling "Little Mermaid's" stormy production history, a biography of Hans Christian Anderson and the original fairy tale, and a short animated film of Anderson's heart-breaking "The Little Match Girl" make this one of the very BEST titles in Disney's Platinum Edition 2 Disc Series.
on December 29, 2017
Great pack but it's unclear what's included. There are only 3 discs that are all BluRay. It does not include the regular DVDs as well.
on November 5, 2013
So glad this movie finally came back out of the vault. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. As a mom of a 4.5 year old girl I wanted it, but also for myself as it's a great movie. My son also enjoys watching it (3 years old). It's a fun movie with great music and Ursula! I don't know that I ever realized it before...but to me she is the best Disney villain! She is so fun in her nastiness! I love her songs and sassiness. She is such a monster but somehow likable until the end anyway. Sweet movie that is a lot of fun with many lovable characters. There are the usual stereotypes at play but the entertainment is there and my kids laugh out loud at the scenarios between Sebastian and the chef. I love hearing that laughter!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse