Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 30, 2017
The film which started a whole new genre of Disney "Classics" is just as entertaining now as when it first came out in theaters. Definitely worth the investment!!
on February 22, 2016
I love the little mermaid! Now that I have a 3D tv I'm watching my favorite movie in a new way. Love the soundtrack that comes with this movie obviously. Get it!
on December 1, 2014
What more can be said about this movie? It looks beautiful. It sounds beautiful. The emotions are strong as spider silk. You probably already know people love the film, so I guess I'll just discuss the commentary.

It's a really, really good commentary. You get tons of insights on not only the story, but the process of getting the film made. They explain a ton of great tidbits about when certain scenes were animated, what inspired certain characters, the works. If you love hearing how an animated movie is created, you'll be totally satisfied with the commentary on this disc.

Also, The Little Match Girl is on this, as billed. It's a spectacular short. It's pretty much guaranteed to make kids cry, but it's good for kids to be exposed to strong emotions now and then. This is a flat-out gorgeous animated short. Nothing more need be said.
on March 3, 2017
Fastest shipping ever!!! And I miss this story when I was a kid. Finally HD with my favorite blu ray!!
on July 3, 2017
VERY happy 4 year old. Wish it had a digital download with it but nevertheless it's a good movie that my 4 year old will watch over and over.
on January 26, 2017
Sound kept cutting out and movie kept freezing.
on October 5, 2014
Great Disney Movie! I love to story of the little mermaid and really enjoy this version of the classic. It was my favorite movie growing up and I am so glad Disney decided to start bringing back the older animated movies in Blu-ray/DVD combo packs. It makes it easy to watch at home or in the car. I can't wait for more Disney movies to be released.
on April 19, 2016
The best musical ever by Disney. Followed closely by the Lion King.
on October 14, 2016
I love this movie, since I was kid, I loved the concept of mermaids. I used to cut the picture off of the label of chicken of the sea tuna. The little mermaid in Hans Christian Anderson's story did not fare so well. But Disney's version was romantic and wonderful, with a "Happily ever after" ending! PS I lived in Montana for ten years, and when I got snowed in, I watched the movie almost every day. I know the songs and the dialog almost verbatim!
on November 30, 2013
Usually classic love stories like this start with a pizza delivery or a plumbing repair but this one gets going with a Prince's dog finding a nude girl washed up the beach with no voice. After the prince lets her stay in his beach front castle the fun begins. If the Prince lived in Malibu he would be Charlie Sheen. Not many guys will let nude girls who comb their hair with forks stay at their place. The nude girl only has three days to get the "kiss of true love" or the witch will keep her voice and she will go back to being a women of the sea. The witch turns herself into a hot brunette copy of the nude girl but uses the voice to seduce the prince. After some weird animal scenes the witch loses the nude girls voice. Just as it looks like she is going back to being a women of the sea, the Prince saves her and rams the witch with his massive wood stern killing her. This movie is every mans dream.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse