Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 327 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 383 reviews
on October 24, 2016
This classic story teaches an important lesson that every child should learn early on: those who do the work, reap the rewards. This was a frequent bedtime read when my kids were little, but somehow the book was misplaced as they grew up. I decided my lazy teens needed a refresher about the willingness to pitch in and help around the house, so I presented this new copy to them as a fun little joke.

The book itself is just as I remember it from their youth. Love the little "bookplate" printed on the inside front cover ("This Little Golden Book belongs to..."). I even recall scrawling my own name in many Little Golden Books.
on June 18, 2016
The sweet classic of a hen who takes care of her children no matter that she gets no help from others. But when the others want a handout, the answer is no. Maybe our government should take a look at this book. There is lots to learn from it.
on July 14, 2015
Remembering how I loved this book as a child, I purchased immediately for my friend's little boy A wonderful story for children, teaching them the importance of working for what you want, the message is clear and presented on a level children will understand and appreciate. If you don't do what is needed, than you cannot reap the reward. The illustrations are lovely, and after I read it to him, I turned on the TV for his favorite show, and low and behold, Super Y on Sprout was doing this very story! Proves the classics never go out of style!
on July 8, 2017
Little Golden Books bring great stories to children of every generation. I ordered this book as a baby shower gift but I remember reading this to my son and every week when we went to the grocery story we bought a new Little Golden Book to read at bed time. I really love these books, all of them are great!
on June 13, 2015
This is not the original. Where are her little chicks? Disappointed. Need to find a different one. Busy picture pages.
on April 30, 2017
Classic story from childhood, but I bought this to show to a women's group in which few people were stepping forward to volunteer and help. Everyone wants to "eat" but no one wants to help with all the prep! Point made, the prosecution rests!!!
on March 19, 2016
This ebook of the old golden book I grew up with almost 60 years ago was a treat to be able to share with my young grandchildren children. My only complaint is that they set it so that there were 2 pages per kindle page instead of one to one. It made the pictures smaller and the print a little harder to read.
on March 29, 2017
The binding of the book was not of high quality. This story deserves the highest quality binding because it is such an important story for young children.
on March 6, 2017
I loved this book growing up and I've been reading this to my 2 month old and she loves it. Her eyes pop out of her head to look at the pictures and I love to make up voices to go with all of the animals.
on April 15, 2017
We got this to add to our "Golden Book" reading collection. Our toddler likes the story. Especially the part of planting and baking.