Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 94 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 109 reviews
on July 23, 2016
I find it hard to read biographies. This book was not easy for me to read but it was worth reading though. There are passages that are incredibly moving. In particular, I was moved by how Dorothy Day would describe Peter Maurin.

I deeply respect and admire Dorothy Day. It is beautiful how God worked in her life.
on April 23, 2016
Dorthy Day was an important person in the social justice movement in the 20th century. Unfortunately her name is not well known today. This autobiography is a great introduction to her personal life and work.
on June 7, 2017
Along with MLK, the only other saint America has produced.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2015
If you're interested on Dorothy Day, a vision of Catholic Social Teaching in action, or the political, social, and philosophical milieu of the left in the early to mid twentieth century, this is the book for you. Also, reading of Dorothy Day's spiritual journey is moving, even if you don't buy into all of her conclusions. Well worth the time.
on December 21, 2015
A very interesting book. One can only admire such a dedicated Christian. I appreciate hearing of her untiring work.
on April 21, 2016
good book, good service
on July 13, 2016
Not bad. I expected it to be more spiritually personal.
on August 28, 2016
Profound narrative; a message for everyone; a reminder of the needs and faults that plague society. Recommended reading for anyone who truly cares about our world.
on June 22, 2016
I hear about this autobiography at least once every few weeks (I am a lay Catholic minister), and I finally made the time to read it. I have to say - I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. It receives so much hype, I was a bit let down. There are many, many excellent spiritual reads out there and this one was only okay. It's written in a similar style to Greg Boyle's "Tattoos on the Heart" (something I HIGHLY recommend), but is less moving.
on January 12, 2015
good for the history of the time period, but not as well written as I expected.