Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 9,706 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11,887 reviews
on January 19, 2017
It is definitely a good book for couples and it has improved my relationship with my wife. If nothing else it shows you what things your partner is really looking for out of their spouse. I quickly found that my love language was "Acts of Service". Though it might not be sexy or macho to say that, it means more to me to have the dishes and laundry done when I come home after work or have minor home improvements taken care of before I get home. My wife and I have 2 small children and our house is hard to stay clean because every room feels like a mess. We do clean it all the time but it feels like a losing battle. My wife's love language is "Words of Affirmation". As you can tell from all these Amazon reviews I am much more of a writer than I am a talker. My wife is always looking for me to say how much I love and appreciate her because I don't say it often enough.

A big part of improving your relationship with your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend is to sticking with a date night to make sure you have quality time together. Especially if you have children or a high stress occupation. My wife and I have been together for 10 years and got stuck in the rut of an endless routine of doing everything we could for our kids, followed by daily chores and left little time for ourselves. Committing to 1 date night a week has really helped our relationship and improved our communication.

I recommend the book for sure and found it inspiring and worth reading. All couples can benefit from reading this book. The only downside is I wish it could have been a little longer. The stories from the author are interesting and I would have liked to have heard a bunch of his other examples of couples that he has dealt with. It was a short book and my wife and I finished it in 4 or 5 days and that was reading it slowly. The price is easily affordable. I found it best to photo copy the test quiz at the end instead of writing in the book so we can give the book to any family or friends who are struggling with their relationship.
44 comments| 256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2017
I am still reading it and trying the different approaches as instructed. They are working very well. I highly recommend this book whether or not in a troubled relationship.
on January 27, 2017
I gave this book to a friend, and now I am purchasing this once again to read a second time around with my husband. Such a great book if you are hoping to better understand the art of expressing and understanding love languages
on August 15, 2017
Good book.
Should help a great deal.
Only for open-minded folks that really want to improve their marriage.
Closed-minded guys will not appreciate it at all cause it tells the truth bluntly.
on August 4, 2015
1st i would like to say that Amazon is wonderful. My first order got lost in the mail (Or stolen by a neighbor and they were quick to replace my order with prompt delivery this time. They are the best and I will be doing more and more of my shopping here)

Started reading this book the other night to try and find a better way to communicate. While you have to be ready to look inside your self and try to answer hard questions about who you are and how you communicate love this will really help you see the way your partner is trying to communicate to you. See the things that they have been doing to show you love that you might have not seen that way. It's a great tool that I think many couples should read and read together. Communication is always key!
on January 19, 2017
This book is interesting. Explains some things. I read this book straight through I was so intrigued. I have used it to "screen" people. Let's you know up front what you are dealing with. The caveat here is that if you really want this book to be effective, you have to get your significant other on board with the system. That way slight allowances can be made for the way each of you do things. The way I see it, each of you are going to do what you do, so knowing why is a big help in associating with each other.
on July 24, 2017
While I don't agree with everything as it was explained I found the stories and the intent of the book to be helpful in explaining concepts to others.
I would recommend it to others if a need presents itself.
on September 1, 2017
A must read for all couples and anyone who wants to know how to sustain a relationship full of joy and love.

The best part of the book stems from the perspective that love is a choice, and begins when falling in love ends. So many books on Love just stress a narcissistic pursuit of love as an emotion, but love is primarily an act of labour.
on May 20, 2017
More than sufficient knowledge for the novice and beyond. You'll be exposed to concepts not yet discovered.Essentially, an emotional discovery.! Far more than common sense.
on January 30, 2017
I have given this book out as a gift! My BF and I loved it and it helped us to understand each other much better. Communication is the key to a fabulous relationship and this book is the best Step! I would recommend this book to anyone as a wedding gift!