Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on May 3, 2017
Cute story with colorful, fun illustrations. Predictable text and rhyming words are great for young readers. My kindergarten students love this book.
on September 7, 2014
This is a really fun book full of sing-songy rhyme that traces different farm animals and what they love to eat, always concluding with the cow, who loves cookies, and finally stopping with the reason why. I bought it when my oldest two were two and three, and they loved it. They are three and four now, and it is still a fun book to get out and read from time to time. The cookie subject matter helps :-), but it is also fun because the natural rhythm and repetitive nature of the writing allows for easy pausing by the reader so the little ones can fill in the blanks. I definitely love having this in our library.
on November 17, 2016
I bought this as a gift for my three-year-old nephew who loves farming and cows. It's a great book with lots of repeated phrases and sing-song rhymes that make it easy to remember and recite. The pictures are great. It works as a great reminder of what sound each animal makes too.
on January 19, 2013
This is a quick read and is cute but with simple and authentic illustrations. It was bought as a Christmas gift for our pre-kindergarten grand daughter, thinking the intellectual level would be about right for her, but the surprise was that her first grader sister sort of pounced on it and got a big kick out of semi reading it herself and being helped along for the first time through. The bounce of the verses is appreciated when you begin to hear it read aloud. The idea of a cow eating cookies seemed pretty hilarious to the girls. They live on the edge of town and are attracted to "farm animal" type stories and games although their life style is pretty urban.
on March 24, 2013
My husband and I love Karma Wilson's books almost as much as our 2 1/2 year old does! (We also have Hogwash, The Bear Snores On, and The Bear Wants More...all 5 stars!!!) We read to him every night at bedtime but he loves his books so much that we often read several times together throughout the day! It makes it even more enjoyable when I find the books as cute and funny as my son does. I'm looking forward to purchasing more of Wilson's books, particularly The Bear series.
on September 5, 2014
We have checked this book out from the library SO OFTEN that we should have just purchased it long, long ago. The boys LOVE to read it with their Papa and have memorized the ENTIRE BOOK by age 3! Adorable, written in rhyme... perfect repetition. Delightful! Cute illustrations. Nice introduction to life on a farm. Leaves you craving milk and cookies.
on January 25, 2014
This is a great read aloud story - with a fluid rhyme. The sequence follows a building pattern with repetition so my 2.5 year old son could easily predict, and follow along. He is close to three now and loves for me to pause so he can fill in the lines - we re-read this one constantly! Karma Wilson is a great author to follow if you have a little farm lover like mine!
on June 26, 2016
My almost 2 year old loves this book. We got it at the library first but she couldn't bear to part with it after 2 weeks.
on April 8, 2017
Cute!
on October 16, 2013
My twins absolutely love this story and ask for it every single night. I can probably recite it from memory by now, lol. We've purchased copies for all of our friends and their kids have loved it too.

Another book, if you're looking, that my kids love just as much as this one is 'The day the babies crawled away'