Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 445 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 512 reviews
on December 8, 2012
Heard a song or two on the radio by this band that I had never heard of. Submarines is what really caught my attention as well as Ho, Hey. There is an infectious beat. I also previewed some of their performances on YouTube. I purchased the CD and was not disappointed. I like every song and most I really, really like. That is saying a lot because sometimes you buy a CD and there is only one good song on it. If you, like me, sometimes want to find a new band/artist to stimulate your musical taste, I would not hesitate to recommend The Lumineers. Preview the songs here at Amazon and, if you like what you hear, you will like the CD. Oh, and I just heard the Lumineers were nominated for a Grammy.
on April 22, 2017
Bought it for the primary single Ho Hey and was pleasantly surprised by many of the tracks. This album is delightful.
on March 14, 2017
was good
on October 18, 2012
Admittedly, I bought this CD for the song Ho Hey, and then became crazy about the rest. For the most part, the songs are fairly upbeat, ranging from the humorous (Submarines) to antiwar (Charlie Boy), with a few stopovers in between for a life lesson (Classy Girls) and an amusing love song (Dead Sea). If I had any complaints at all, it would be about the order in which the songs are presented. Why a dirge after the lovely Ho Hey? They didn't just switch gears they slammed on the brakes. I almost got whiplash!

I do love my songs with a bit of substance. This group has all that and more.

My favorites are Ho Hey, Dead Sea, Flapper Girl, and Submarines.
on November 16, 2012
I got this cd as a gift, but I also love this band. I had heard the song "Hey Ho" on xpn, and thought I'd give their other songs a try. The music is beautiful and catchy and makes for a fun cd.
on January 9, 2014
The best band ever! I love every song. Feel good music.I listen to it back to back over and over A must buy!!
on March 19, 2017
Love it
on December 3, 2014
Great
on July 27, 2015
My absolute favorite CD! Playing in my car all the time
on April 7, 2012
Finally, an album that I can listen to all the way through! Over the past few months, the Lumineers quickly became my new go-to. It's just pleasant music w/ great melodies and interesting depth. About half of this album is a more polished version of the EP and the other half is new songs. If I had to characterize The Lumineers, I'd say they're similar to Bright Eyes, except 10 times better and a tenth as annoyingly self-infatuated. I have yet to find someone who doesn't like this music.