Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

The Lumineers
Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 17, 2012
After hearing 'Ho Hey' a number of times on the Current in Mpls I had to check out the rest. After listening to track 1 (Flowers in your Hair) I was already hitting the download button. Zero regrets, there isn't a dud to be heard. Lots of boot stomping and hand clapping as percussion along with some sweet melodies and beautiful lyrics. I'm not very good at writing about music but if you like stuff like the Avett Brothers or Low Anthem or The Head & the Heart I'm pretty sure you will like this. In fact, if you buy this album and you don't like it I will meet you exactly halfway between my house in Minneapolis and your house wherever that is and I will buy you a sandwich.
1313 comments| 452 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 7, 2012
Finally, an album that I can listen to all the way through! Over the past few months, the Lumineers quickly became my new go-to. It's just pleasant music w/ great melodies and interesting depth. About half of this album is a more polished version of the EP and the other half is new songs. If I had to characterize The Lumineers, I'd say they're similar to Bright Eyes, except 10 times better and a tenth as annoyingly self-infatuated. I have yet to find someone who doesn't like this music.
on April 30, 2017
Album doesn't play 100% perfectly (some scratchy audio issues on certain tracks), but overall it's a good purchase.
on December 8, 2012
Heard a song or two on the radio by this band that I had never heard of. Submarines is what really caught my attention as well as Ho, Hey. There is an infectious beat. I also previewed some of their performances on YouTube. I purchased the CD and was not disappointed. I like every song and most I really, really like. That is saying a lot because sometimes you buy a CD and there is only one good song on it. If you, like me, sometimes want to find a new band/artist to stimulate your musical taste, I would not hesitate to recommend The Lumineers. Preview the songs here at Amazon and, if you like what you hear, you will like the CD. Oh, and I just heard the Lumineers were nominated for a Grammy.
on March 18, 2013
To start off, I'd like to admit that I'm not into folk music. Granted, when I was a kid, I did like Peter, Paul, and Mary. But, that was the 70's (yes, I know I'm admitting my age). I'm more into Rock and Alternative. And like most people, I was turned on to the Lumineers' 'Ho Hey' from that Bing commercial. That said, I was pleasantly surprised that I actually do like it. Of course, I have to give credit to Amazon for bringing the price of the MP3 album down to $3.99. I may never have bought it if wasn't that low. I'm more of a CD buyer, because I like idea of a "collection." But that price made this album my first digital only music purchase. That's how much I liked 'Ho Hey'.

So now that I bought entire album, I listened to it on Amazon's cloud player. And, I was surprised I liked it as much as I do. The whole album is quite enjoyable. Yes, the stand out song is 'Ho Hey', but as much as I listen to that song, I find myself equally drawn to 'Submarines' with its upbeat warm feeling. Kind of gives me that warm feeling of being wrapped up in a blanket on a cold morning. Another song worth mentioning is 'Stubborn Love' with its haunting cello. While I do think it's somewhat of a sad sounding song, it somehow keeps drawing me in.

So, I'm sure you're asking yourself, if I liked this album so much, why did give it only 4 stars? As pleasant as the album is, a lot of it sounds alike. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just not my thing. Bands and artists that keep me buying their CD's have some variety in the album. Of course, I'm sure the die-hard Lumineers fans will say I don't know what I'm talking about, because that's their style. And, I'm not going to argue. Because they do what they do very well. And, I'm looking forward to their next album.

To sum up, as a whole, the album is quite an enjoyable listen. So, if you're on the fence, I say buying the album is worth it. In my opinion, if I had just bought one song, namely 'Ho Hey', I would have cheated myself out of an entire listening experience. And that would have definitely been a shame.
on August 12, 2012
I have been looking for this CD since I heard the Ho Hey song. I will be honest, I had not heard of the Lumineers before this song. I was a fan from the first time Ho Hey was on my radio. It it a happy catchy tune. It made me feel like it's the theme song to most feel good moments you have with your friends. I am not disappointed at the rest of the songs on the CD. They all have a catchy pure sound and make me smile; Flower in Your Hair is my 2nd favorite so far! The songs get caught in your head for sure, but not in a bad "please get out" way!

I'm looking forward to playing this CD over and over during short trips to work, home, etc. and long road trips. This is one I will encourage my friends to purchase as well. I'm very happy with this purchase!
on April 27, 2014
I could listen to The Lumineers over and over.....wait...I still do. I have owned this DVD for about six months and can't wait for their next release. Not a bad song on the entire album.
Watch some performances on You Tube and you will see how much this trio just loves making and playing music. They toured while driving around in a van, and staying at invited homes from concert goers. Fame found them, but when you watch them or listen to their music, you appreciate how deeply they care about their music.
As usual, Amazon the only place to buy!! Great price, and free Cloud version included.
on February 22, 2013
The Lumineers debut song HoHey doesnt show much range for the album alone but was an instant hit due to its upbeat inviting "sing along with us" vocals. Wesley Schultz (the lead vocalist) takes you through his folk style songwriting giving each song a storyline of its own. Buying this album will not disappoint as it has a mesh of some of the greatest folk sounds of the 60's brought to life and transformed into an album that everyone can appreciate. Personally I love this album an d their style it has a very happy mood altering affect on me reminding me of my elementary summers and listening to records with my dad.
on February 15, 2013
I purchased this based solely on the one song I had heard and couldn't get out of my mind. Hey Ho, or Ho Hey...whatever. It sticks with you. Note that I am not a spring chicken and it had me on my feet dancing and stomping. My husband came in to see what on earth I was doing....anyway, you can't classify this as any specific type of music. It isn't really folk. It isn't really bluegrass. It isn't country or Irish or zydeco yet when you listen to the songs you hear influences of each. I'm really impressed with these musicians and will look forward to seeing what they produce in the future.
on July 26, 2015
Great CD!!! Tank you! My husband even enjoyed listening to it........He is a music writer and tends to get stuck in the music of our generation......now he is discovering (through my tastes) that newer music is every bit as good as the music we grew up listening to. Thanks for one excellent CD---hope there are other great ones to follow.... :0