Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 110 reviews
on January 15, 2015
After reading Book 3, I finally decided it was okay to endorse the series to my then 9-yo boy, and just provide guidance in case he had some questions on dark magic and evil demons (is that redundant? Not really, once you read the books). Gobble it up, he did! He read Books 1-4 really fast, and our dinner conversations during the Fall 2013 were predominantly of Rowan, Max, David, Mina, Astaroth, Prusias and the Blys, etc. He read Book 5 starting on the day it was released and finished 2 days after. Based on this feedback, I wish to congratulate Mr. Neff for creating a world and a story so vivid with words that kids are easily able to absorb, understand and imagine!

Now comes myself, the dad, the older reader. I also enjoyed the books, but Book 4 (and now I am reading Book 5) are reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaallllly long. For some reason, my eyes do not glide through the colorful language as fast as I would have wanted. I have to really focus to make sure what I visualize is what is represented by the writing. So it took me a long time to finish Book 4, but I enjoyed it. I am now reading Book 5 with patience and care. I cannot compete with my son. Reading speed doesn't matter in this case, I am in for the entertainment! I do hope Mr. Neff continues to create these interesting worlds, and maybe also write some YA stuff, so that his books can grow with his readers. Recommended reading!
on October 28, 2012
This book was amazing! I love how the characters progress. The quality of the writing was very good. I cannot wait for the last book, especially because of the little sneak peek into what they are going to do at the end. The author does a very good job with the books and is mindful of the age it was designed for, but people of all ages can enjoy them. I am thirteen an completely adore these books. If you read this, Henry Neff, please continue with the same age group you are currently writing for. The maelstrom was a great addition to an already wonderful group of books. I am also amazed at how well he can illustrate his ideas into the artwork. The pictures really helped me picture the characters and settings. The story plot is amazing, too. It really kept me engaged, even though I started this book series about two years ago. I am sure the last one will be just as amazing when it comes out in a year. I can't wait.
on December 19, 2016
I've finished the whole Tapestry series now, and this book is a great step in the series. I found the series very imaginative, full of unexpected turns and characters I found interesting and "worth knowing" from the point of view of a reader. And, the non-humans in the story become more and more alive and interesting as the series progresses. What I really like is that most of the "bad characters" also contain mixtures of good, and the "good guys" also contain mixes of weaknesss and human traits, making the big story more believable and readable. I hope Henry Neff keeps writing.
on January 20, 2013
Henry Neff is amazing! He has lost no momentum in any of the four books in The Tapestry series! Every one is exciting, funny, scary, etc.
The Maelstrom is the most intense yet. It is absolutely thrilling! My whole family reads these books, even my husband! We talk about them a lot. Never has a series captured me so intensely. Praise to Henry Neff. The man is some sort of genius with an incredible imagination! And to be able to translate that imagination into such excellent books! Wow...truly talented!
on May 1, 2017
Every word in this books helps you escape to a different world intertwined with mystery and excitement. Def recommend read.
on February 2, 2013
I stumbled on The Tapestry series soon after I got my Kindle. No one I knew (who read fantasy novels) had heard of it. The first installment, The Hound of Rowan, was entertaining; unremarkable, though. However, the succeeding installments became progressively better. By the time I finished Book 2, The Second Siege, I was an avid fan. In the third book, The Fiend and The Forge, Neff's storytelling was bolstered by a more thorough character development of a maturing protagonist. I eagerly read the latest of the series, The Maelstrom, but wasn't sure about how much I liked it until my second reading. The storyline presented was tight, with an eye to presenting Max and others as more than cardboard, black-and-white representations of good and evil. Max's temptation to give-in to despair (and the evil Astaroth)is a poignant vignette of the concrete reasoning of youth moving into the murky realm of abstract reality and real-world choices and insight. I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys fantasies, magic, and stories of a youngster growing from child to adult.
on December 20, 2012
Tapestry is one of those series that I can't wait for the next book to come out. Neff has done an excellent job taking our world and turning it on it's side to an older world where there isn't much in the way of technology. The characters are amazing, the story telling vivid and imaginative. The action leaves you on the edge of your seat/bed waiting to find out what happens next. I couldn't put this book down.

On top of that Neff has created some amazing creatures. I find myself hoping some of his creatures make it into general use and wind up in other authors works. I mean a freaking Cheshire Wolf, a wolf that you can only barley see when it breathes. That is so freaking awesome! I've been picturing other creatures getting the Cheshire treatment. Or a shape shifter that looks like a Yam. I really really hope the creatures in this series make their way into common use they are so amazing.
on March 17, 2017
great author! my daughter loves this series
on October 26, 2012
The Maelstrom is a wonder. The scope of The Tapestry just grows and grows. A great story at its heart but a true epic as it nears its conclusion. You know how excellent a book is when the characters have become part of your own life. What happens to Max and David, Cooper and Hazel, Scathath and Mina, Mum and Bob, Bellagrog, and all the other incredible individuals that Henry Neff has brought to life really matters. And the lives and world of the nonhumans are as vivid as those more familiar to us. I know there is one more book to come in The Tapestry, but I hope that the world Neff has built just keeps on going!
on June 11, 2013
This book was a fine addition to the series wrapping up some loose threads, introducing interesting new characters and bringing back some favorites. With an awesome battle at the end and showing great character growth this book is not an ending but an essential contributor for later chapters of this series. It also brings back a more optimistic mood than the previous two books, while still keeping the harsh realities of the new circumstances Rowan faces. Is the situation still dire? Yes but after being swept off its feet by a total upheaval of the known world it seems that Rowan is starting to rise and get in a few good punches of her own.