Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
on August 11, 2014
I LOVE codeword puzzles, but was disappointed in the size of this book. Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of puzzles in it, it's the physical size of the book that I don't like. I expected it to have large pages like your average variety puzzle book (magazine sized), but instead it is a rather thick book that is just a bit larger than a standard paperback in size. Personally I like the larger codewords better, and also with the size and thickness of the book I find it hard to write in the book, especially the puzzles on the left side. And the boxes that you write in are slightly smaller than your standard ones as well...which I also don't like. That being said, the puzzles are well done, not too hard and not too easy, just challenging enough to be fun. And there are a few other puzzles thrown in the mix as well. But I will continue my search for a large size book of codewords....
on July 22, 2015
I am trying to find a 2nd edition if there is any. It is great because it includes not just more than the usual number of codewords but other puzzles as well. I do not like Drop Out because some of the words go on to the next line and you would not know whether one of the boxes contain a letter or a punctuation. I probably will get used to this in time. Also I noticed that on Codeword #236, there was an ERROR. Instead of 18 being S, it should be A. I had a hard time solving this puzzle because of this and I finally gave up and checked the answers. This is why I am rating this a 4 instead of a 5.

UPDATE: 1/18/16. DROP PUT - finally got the hang of it and it is quite addicting!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2012
Realy great if you like codeword. More than 400 puzzle equals hours and hours of fun. Otherr than codeword puzzles there are 3 other types of puzzles every so often. They are fun as well
on March 18, 2014
I am a beginner just getting into codeword puzzles, and this book is perfect. The puzzles aren't too hard, but just hard enough to keep me intent and really pleased when I solve the puzzle. These puzzles pass time quickly, so these puzzles are perfect for a plane or long car ride. The only thing that would make this better is if it came in a spiral book form. Because it looks like a typical paperback book and it's very thick, it can be hard to write on the left hand pages and it's a bit of a challenge to do this without a table, like if you're sitting on a couch. So for that reason, I give it 4/5 stars, but I would give the puzzles 5/5 stars.
on December 27, 2012
I'm enjoying the many codeword puzzles in this book. I only wish the spaces to fill in were a bit roomier. Also this book is extremely thick so I just carefully tear out about 20 pages at a time and snap on a clip to keep them together.
This makes it much easier to write on both sides of the sheets. I'd love to find a codeword book that is spiral bound with larger pages. This would make filling in the spaces nicer.
on August 23, 2015
I got hooked on codeword puzzles on a recent trip to England. I do them throughout the day, mostly when I have to wait for something. I'm not very good at waiting, but I photocopy a few of these and keep them in my bag. Also, I'm 65 and these exercise my brain!
on November 20, 2016
This is my 3rd purchase of this particular book. I'm hooked on codewords and this book is the perfect size with enough puzzles to last for a year. Well worth the $$
on June 27, 2013
...are hard to find any where except on line Nd even there they are rare.. This is a good one with some really challenging extra puzzles too...code breaking for a change from crosswords is great fun...
on August 10, 2011
If you have never tried a 'Codeword' crossword puzzle, you owe it to yourself to do so. You need only a pencil and an eraser. All you need is a knowledge of English and a willingness to take a chance (and erase it if you are wrong). No special knowledge required. Usually 26 letters are represented by numbers (for example, 2='a', 17='w', etc). You are given 3 matches and the seemingly impossible task is, on the basis of your knowledge of the shapes of English words, to fill in the rest. It takes about an hour to complete one, and is highly addictive. This marriage of crosswords and cryptograms is a delight. Solving the puzzle is hardest at first, but becomes easier and easier as you progress.
on May 30, 2016
This is a good puzzle book to buy although the puzzles are small. Each puzzle gives two clues and additional puzzle types are offered for your entertainment.