BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 12, 2016
One of my favorite foodie books
on February 4, 2013
As a judge on Iron Chef, Steingarten always manages to amuse me. Even if his comments are venomous and blunt.

His prose fits his on-show personality to a tee. I found the book to be intelligently written and a trove of foodie knowledge. From pheromones to Oleo; I was interested throughout the meaty book.

I finished the book thinking that the dude definitely has the 'street creed' in gastronomy to talk the talk and walk the walk. And he's humorous as a bonus.
on September 11, 2016
I've read this book at least 3 times and re-read it every few years, not just to remind myself of the brilliant insights, but to be entertained by Jeffrey's writing style. This is a must-read for anyone who loves food.
on April 5, 2015
This book is absolutely delightful, informative, and witty. I found myself reading passages aloud to my husband because they were either making me laugh or they had enlightened me. This is one of the best books I've read in a long time!
on April 6, 2014
Our Slow Food Lit Group just read this and we all loved it AND learned a lot from his wonderful stories of sleuthing far-flung ingredients, researching recipes and wining/dining all over the world. Steingarten's writing is superb, crisp and very descriptive. He has a talent for putting right beside him in the experience - and he has a fabulous sense of humor. His use of metaphor is something to savor. Enjoy!
on January 18, 2017
An easy read, written with great humor; great for anyone who loves food and/or reading about food. Also has a number of classic recipes for repeated use!
on October 26, 2016
Just another Steingarten book. I learned a lot from this book and I hope that it becomes a kitchen and bookshelf staple for all home cooks and foodies alike!
on February 3, 2012
This was an Amazon "recommendation" for me. I'd never heard of Jeff Steingarten. I absolutely loved this book...the author's focus and energy in tracking to ground every detail of his chosen topic are embarrassingly more focused and more energetic than any I could ever muster. I am also a lapsed attorney who loves food--but I couldn't/wouldn't expend so much time on the details of perfection in cooking and eating. The author has clearly found his passion...lucky for him, and for his readers. This book is an informative delight.
on November 27, 2012
Jeffrey Steingarten is such a wonderful writer with a true gift of words. Couldn't wait to receive the book. Luck have it Hurricane Sandy hit so this was the last book received out of three ordered, that being said it was still delivered before the deadline date. Not even Sandy could defeat Jeffrey proving yet again that the word is still more powerful than the sword. Take that Sandy!! Thank you
on January 11, 2017
this was a really good book and the shipping came quickly.I recommend it very much.