Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on March 5, 2016
Doggett seems determined to minimize Bowie's artistic creativity and originality. Time and again, as I read this book, I felt as if the author actively disliked or resented Bowie. Doggett makes him sound like a huckster pulling one over on his fans and critics. I wondered if he had an axe to grind. If this was about Bowie's '80's output, Doggett's negative criticism would make sense, but it doesn't fit Bowie in his prime.
on January 16, 2013
I'd read "You Never Give Me Your Money" a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. The author brought home to me the troubled history of The Beatles. Given how much I enjoyed that work, and the fact that I'm fascinated by David Bowie, I eagerly awaited this book. I wasn't disappointed.

This biography is rich, full of fascinating insights into Bowie and his music. It seems as though there is something to learn on every page, in every section. I particularly liked how Doggett breaks up the work into analyses of each song, which allowed me to read in any order that I chose. I often read the interludes first and then went back to read about each individual song. I also can see myself buying various songs and then referring back to this work in the future to obtain greater meaning in the future.

Some readers might be upset that this isn't a traditional biography. However, if one can get beyond that fact, one will find something far more interesting. And perhaps something far more lasting.
on September 19, 2015
10/10.
on February 5, 2013
Very informative and detailed. I'd recommend to any Bowie fan or anyone interested in 1970's pop culture as no one defined the decade like Bowie.
on May 13, 2015
Great Bowie Book
on July 6, 2016
Thorough, beautifully written and meticulously reaearched Bible on Bowie's songs. Perfect gift for all Bowie lovers!
on March 29, 2016