Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,750 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,707 reviews
TOP 100 REVIEWERon August 23, 2016
This movie really holds up over time. It's almost 2 decades old (can you believe that?) but it still holds up. The tech stuff that Mr. Anderson does in the fake Matrix world doesn't get outdated because the writers were smart enough to keep it simple and non descript. (He gives a disc of unknown contents to someone after writing a script that does who knows what. They didn't have him using Quick Basic to code a virus for Lotus 1-2-3 or something that would have been quickly outdated and looked dumb 20 years later)

Then in the 'real world' all the ninja stuff Neo and Trinity do is still awesome action. Bullettime filming isn't innovative anymore but it still looks cool in an action movie.

The story holds up well. (On this one. The sequels didn't hold up long enough to get through the first screening the day they came out) As it's core this is still a story about the duality of consciousness and its just incredibly well put together. When Morpheus offers the red/blue pill choice...that scene still has a lot of depth to it on a psychological level.

Oh, and in HD the visuals in The Matrix just crush it. It is a whole different experience in HD. I remember getting this on DVD when it first came out and DVD players were all the rage. I couldn't believe how amazing this looked back then in 480i on a 30 inch screen with the digital DVD presentation. Not on a 60 inch 1080p screen this is visually jaw dropping.

I was nervous about rewatching this movie as it's one of my all time favorites and I haven't seen it in about 10 years. I was worried that it would seem totally cheesy now and it would ruin the memory of it. But that doesn't happen at all. It holds up very well.
on August 14, 2016
A Great Classic. True Reflection!
review image
on April 13, 2017
I remember going to see this movie because I wanted to see the trailer to Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. I was absolutely blown away by this movie. The special effects, action, and story were epic. Little did I know at the time that I would see this movie over and over again, and I don't think I've seen The Phantom Menace more than twice.
on June 26, 2017
It's interesting to go back and watch this movie again because I had forgotten what a huge cultural impact it had on the movies as well as the seemingly endless spoofs that "borrowed" from the way this was filmed. For some reason Keanu Reeves really shines in these sort of emo action roles. Great script and storyline. It's sad that the two sequels didn't hold up as well as the first, as is often the case, but the concept was brilliant and this is definitely worth watching.
on June 19, 2017
One of the best movies ever made. Still watching it 18 years after it came out.
on June 18, 2017
Love this movie. It is, at this point, a storyline that could feel tired, but great writing, direction, visual effects, cinematography, sound and music, and especially great ensemble acting make it feel timeless, moving, thrilling, and relevant.. I saw it many years ago when it first came out. I thought it would feel dated now. It has aged very well.
on May 8, 2016
I am the biggest movie buff that i know.
I have seen thousands of movies. 17 years after Warner Brothers released this movie, It amazingly remains to be, for me, my favorite movie of all time. XDD. It has "everything". Action, Scifi, Adventure, mystery, romance, and a hell of a unique story that is well written, produced & directed etc. To coin a phrase from an earlier Keanu movie...
EXCELLENT!
on February 14, 2017
Legendary. Defined a generation...my generation. Revolutionary.
on March 24, 2016
After so many years of hearing about this Movie, I did finally get to sit down and watch it. I did find the movie to be thoughtful and interesting, and of course the special effects are still quite impressive even as of this writing, (March 2016). As far as acting, I thought Mr. Fishburne really carried it, and Mr. Pantoliano is always welcome with his diverse repertoire of characters. I enjoyed seeing Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith, even if it may have been a more simple part. I can understand why this movie is such a cult favorite, reflecting a strong mythology (metaphor) that deeply reflects upon how aware we choose to be in our day to day existence, and what we choose to value the most. I personally did not find it to be a 5 star rating, but I could appreciate others who would rate it at 5 stars. This is a good and engaging film, and I would watch it again.
on May 4, 2017
The best movie in the series so many spiritual undertones. Love how it relates to the Christian life and having your spiritual eyes opened in a world that's at enmity with reality and God's nature and spiritual existence. Take the red pill and give it a watch!