Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 51-60 of 921 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,024 reviews
on December 17, 2013
Beautiful cover. I haven't watched it because it's a gift for Christmas. I love the history channel so I really have no doubt it's bad. I bought it for a friend of mine who is a history buff and is always reading about it. Think she will thoroughly enjoy it.
on February 17, 2016
I was changing through the channel trying to find some footage of this years Grammy's but i came across this show. I was watching it for a few minutes then i couldn't change the channel. It's very entertaining and informative at the same time. It's good to know about our history whether good or bad. It was so good that i had to buy it so i can watch it anytime.
on November 16, 2014
Wonderful series about the men who guided our country into the twentieth century. The theme song alone is worth the price of the DVD. This series recounts how Cornelius Vanderbilt, JP Morgan, Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, and Henry Ford build their empires. It delves into the relationship that each man had with the others, and how brutal and somewhat cutthroat things were back then. I showed it to my 8th grade US history class and they raved about it. Definitely worth the price.
on March 19, 2014
This series even captured the attention of my 14 and 15 year olds! So much interesting history is contained in this series. We all learned a lot! The only reason I didn't give it a 5-star was there was so much review that goes on during it. This was originally shown on the History Channel and everytime there was a break for commercial, when the show returned, there was a little recap. I had hoped that the DVD would have been edited because there were no commercial breaks, but it wasn't. Still, it is worth watching even if you aren't a history buff.
on March 2, 2017
excellent documentary
on December 24, 2013
I watched this on the History channel when it first aired and was amazed at how those famous names you hear about today.Too bad learning history wasn't this great when I was in high school. Now I can watch it over and over again, thank you.
on August 9, 2015
I have purchased almost ten of these DVDs to keep For myself and give as gifts. Wonderful background on these American tycoons and very inspirational examples of the American Dream being fulfilled. Shows ways their wealth was also shared in their many philanthropical deeds. Gave to a few of my European friends who were familiar with their names but not with their backgrounds and accomplishments.
on July 14, 2013
This is an almost excellent introduction to the great Age of Capitalism in America just after the Civil War. It has a clear script concentrating on memorable crucial and representative events and tycoons. It even has a cool theme song. What it's missing is a simple edit.

I can understand a summary caption, as it were, at the beginning of each episode, and I figure such a summary may even be useful at the beginning of some segments following commercial breaks, but there are no commercials on the DVDs, so why not eliminate the repetitive summaries at the beginning of so many segments?
on December 22, 2013
I'm a teacher and use this series in my class to teach about the economics of our country and to review concepts taught in American history. I love the history, but my students love the drama! My students (13-14yrs) sing the theme song in the hallway and love learning about their country's historic icons via an exciting and intense series. These episodes are not only educational, but bring to life an engaging time period that for many students seems boring and uninteresting. I highly recommend them! I will be showing them for years to come!
on December 10, 2013
A very well produced mini series. A deep look inside the business and personnal lives of the men behind the might of the industrial age of America. Their triumphs and defeats. This is not just a series on the men but on the industries of oil, steel, electricity, the automobile and the railways as well.
A deep look into the history of America.