Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Mighty Ducks Three-Pack (The Mighty Ducks / D2: The Mighty Ducks / D3: The Mighty Ducks)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on June 28, 2005
Buena Vista (the company that releases Disney films on DVD) chose to not release anamorphic DVDs when they first came to DVD, so none of these films are anamorphically enhanced. This means, if you have a widescreen television, you will have black bars on all four sides of the picture. Also, these discs are absolutely barebones, only featuring a Dolby 2.0 soundtrack and a 1.85:1 widescreen presentation. Where are the extras?! I don't know about you guys, but I am a Mighty Duck fan who is disappointed by the DVD releases of these films.
44 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
I loved "The Mighty Ducks" as a kid, and I love it now in my mid 20s. In fact, the only thing I love more than "The Mighty Ducks" is "D2: The Mighty Ducks," so needless to say I was very excited to finally purchase this three pack and fill a gaping hole in my movie collection. The day arrived: the UPS man knocked on the door and I bounded down the stairs like a child on Christmas morning to greet him. He handed me the package and I could immediately tell there was a problem. One of the DVDs was broken, rattling around in its case. "Please don't be D2, please don't be D2, please don't be D2."

I kept my composure long enough to say "So long" to the delivery man then walked back into my kitchen, my heart pounding in my chest, my hands shaking. I opened the package, taking care not to do any further damage. One by one I took the DVDs out of the box and inspected them. That's when I received the greatest news ever. D1 and D2 were in perfect condition. D3 was the broken one.

"But how is that good news?" you might ask.

As I'm sure you know (assuming you've seen the movies), D3 is the biggest piece of crap ever made. It's like the red-headed step child of the trilogy and has no business being associated with the other two masterpieces. First of all, the premise is just ridiculous. I'm all for suspending disbelief when I watch a movie, but come on. I mean, Team USA wins gold at the Jr Goodwill Games, and then next year they're all relegated to the JV squad at Eden Hall Academy?!?! I'm sorry, I just can't buy that.

But I digress. This is not an occasion for anger. No, this is cause for a celebration. Now I can just throw out the D3 DVD and I won't have to quickly skip by it in shame when I'm perusing my collection. In fact I think I'm going to take it a step further. As soon as I finish writing this review I'm going to take the D3 DVD outside and bash it to pieces with my hockey stick. It will only take about two minutes; but I assure you, fellow Mighty Ducks fans, it will most certainly be two minutes well worth it.
on April 7, 2008
This isn't so much a product review, but I'm just letting people know that I recently got my copy of the boxed set and it appears they fixed the D3 problem where it used to have the wrong movie burned onto the DVD.

I was a little scared there after reading some of the other reviews, but my boxed set is just fine and dandy.
on July 28, 2013
I recently bought these movies, and I love them as they remind me of my childhood. But the one thing I am disappointed in is the picture quality of the movies. I know that these movies are from the 90s, but I was surprised at how crappy the picture quality was. The movies are still watchable, but you can tell with these movies (and especially with the first Mighty Ducks movie) that these are older movies which were made on lower-quality equipment years ago.
on February 27, 2014
So I was deployed on a US Navy ship and we started talking about the Mighty Duck series. Some of the younger guys I work with has never seen them and I thought that had to be illegal in some way. So I bought this 3 pack and all was right in the world. You cant just watch just one movie you have to have all 3. thank you
on December 11, 2003
Everything about the Mighty Ducks is pretty much good. The characters, the plot, and even the music these movies are great. Though the Mighty Ducks are Disney films, they contain enough content to push a PG-13 rating. Still though, teens and adults should like these movies whether you are an ice hockey fan or not. Yes, the Mighty Ducks is mainly about ice hockey but all three do a good job focusing on the characters. I know that some people didn't give good reviews for the third movie but I think that was because it didn't quite carry the "victory hype" of the first two. Also, the third Mighty Ducks film is a bit different in the sense that it shows how the hardships of life and the bad decisions that follow can have an impact on the other people around you. Plus, the message of the third movie is that change happens throughout life and you must learn how to deal with it. So to sum all of that up, don't expect the 3rd movie to be exactly similar with the first two but do keep an open mind when viewing because the Mighty Ducks 3 is good for what it is. Without question, Mighty Ducks 3 ends the trilogy. I still wish that a 4th movie had been made following the events of the last movie. By the way, I suggest getting the soundtracks for the 2nd and 3rd Mighty Ducks. It's ashame the first movie didn't have a soundtrack.
on January 13, 2016
A three-pack of family hockey movies, what else to say. These movies are just plain fun. It's hard to tell which is better, the fun first movie or the more grown-up third movie. These were some of my favorite movies growing up and this is a great way to relive my childhood.
on June 23, 2007
I have seen and loved all three of these movies, so I didn't scroll down to read the reviews. I should have. First movie was great, second movie was great, the 3rd movie was packaged D3, the disc was labeled D3, but the movie was.....Monkeys Go Home. Sent it back for a replacement and the 3rd movie was again "Monkeys Go Home". So Monkeys go back.
on January 6, 2016
These movies are such a classic if you were a kid in the 90s. I love that this set comes with all three movies. Each movie is great and some of my favorites. I have watched each a million times and never get sick of them.
on September 11, 2013
If you're looking for a film series that's fun to watch, has a good cast, and leaves you with a warm tingly feeling all over, than I'd reccomend this one. Emilio Estevez, and later Jeffrey Nordling, led a group of diverse pre-teens (and later, teenagers) through the trials and tribilations that come with becoming elete hockey players...and surviving life in general. Just over five hours long, this film series is a joy for anyone (mainly kids, but anyone who just wants to see underdogs win and come out on top) to sit back and enjoy. It's a bit like the Globe Trotters on ice as you laugh at the team's antics both on and off the ice. And, of course, the theme music, which is appropriately present in all three films, will stick itself into your brain and remain there for a lifetime, leaving you stuck with these DVDs for as long. So just go out and buy them already.