Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on September 11, 2011
I liked this book, the plot wasn't as good as some of her other books, but it was still enjoyable. Maggie decided to become a professional nanny after her 3 miscarriages and a failed marriage. She figured it was a way of caring for a baby when she couldn't have her own. Garrett was a divorced single father of a 6 year old boy. They lived in an old trout farm, even though he had lots of money. He wanted to hire an older nanny so he was disappointed when maggie showed up. A misunderstanding at the agency places Maggie with Garrett, and they both don't seem to like each other for their own reasons. Garrett wanted her to leave, but he suddenly needs her to watch his son while hge goes away. Maggie wanted a baby, but instead he got a 6 year old boy who was smart and adorable.

Story goes through how Maggie begins to know the family, and her relationship within the family begins to change. Soon, the lines between employer and employee become fuzzy. Garrett begins to see Maggie with a different light even though he vowed never to let another woman hurt him or his son. Maggie was slowly falling in love with her employer and the little boy she was caring for. She was dreading the day she would have to leave them behind. She always knew her arrangement was temporary and soon she would find herself taking care of a baby.

Can Garrett convinve her that she belonged with them? That is for you to find out! Story was cute, a bit emotional at times, but overall, book was enjoyable.
on September 28, 2011
As a fan of chick lit I like to read different authors and Carol Grace is ok. She sets the scenes quite well but spoils it in some spots with lack of attention to detail and therefore some things just don't gel. Fortunately the inconsistencies aren't huge so they don't detract too much from the story.
The characters are believable, however the nanny's behaviour is quite annoying at times as she acts like she's a late teenager not a woman in her late 20s.
I'd still recommend it as it's an entertaining read, but I would not pay a lot to download it.
on May 29, 2016
Great travel read...light can put down to move from place to place. It's a summer book
on July 13, 2015
I became really interested with the development of the nanny character. There was really no development of the millionaire character in that there was no real development of the "rich" aspect of his character.
on November 17, 2011
I'm not hard to please. I love a good brainless romance every now & again. So I downloaded this for a quick light read on an airplane ride. Had I not been trapped for 11 hours on a plane there's no way I'd have kept reading. This is just not good writing. The story could have been cute but there are just too many things that don't work. The sudden painful agonizing attraction comes out of nowhere & makes no sense. At times it got better, at times it was just bad.
on June 16, 2012
This book was sweet and cute. It was a little bit slow for me because i always knew what was coming next. We can be honest here. We all know what is going to happen in the end of these stories, but sometimes it's nice to get some twists along the way we didn't expect. This book wasn't great about that. -very average chick-lit. Not bad, but not super fantabulous either.
on December 29, 2014
When I finished the page I knew it was a romance novel. The author used every cliche regarding the romance between herself and her employer. Awful. I should have known by the price...
on November 10, 2015
Good story and great character development. Almost too much conflict between characters but ended happily.
on October 22, 2011
I like good, light romance once in a while...good being the optimum word. These characters are so uninteresting and so unbelievable, I couldn't even finish the book. The end came for me when the "super nanny" called the handsome father's hotel to leave a message about his sick son instead of calling his cell phone so he'd get the message immediately. C'mon...his son is sick! Then the father drives over 100 miles to "surprise" them but doesn't have a key to get into his own home. Really?? The attraction between the two was so contrived and uninteresting I didn't want to waste a minute more on this dull story.
on November 30, 2013
I liked it a lot. I love the whole concept about a nanny love story. It's a quick and easy read. Great for a little weekend getaway or quiet afternoon in the park.