Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 26, 2015
Ever so helpful with assisting our grandchildren with compassion for self and others. I like the word mindful. The information in the book helped me take a long look at my approach to others as well. There are many books our there right now regarding the mindfulness theory and I would recommend this one due to its non-technical instructions.
4 people found this helpful
on November 24, 2012
I'm not all the way through this book, but so far it has been VERY helpful. Our five year old has Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, and Expressive Language Disorder. She's also very stubborn and strong-willed (which has been good in helping her survive all her heart/health issues). However, this makes for a child who gets frustrated easily, has a temper, and wants things her way. This book is helping me find ways to work with my daughter to help her stay more calm and have less meltdowns.
8 people found this helpful
on September 4, 2011
With skill and genuine insight, Susan Kaiser Greenland adapts the principles of mindfulness to the needs and interests of children. She explains clearly the foundations of the practice for parents and teachers and outlines dynamic methods to translate mindfulness into practical and meaningful tools for kids. The book outlines activities to develop awareness, balance and compassion, offering engaging examples and suggestions to use along the way. This text is both brilliant and realistic, useful for parents and practitioners - to use with children and young people in managing the complexities of the world or simply for the sheer joy of reading it.
3 people found this helpful
on August 2, 2017
All children and adults can profit from using mindfulness. Greenland offers a clear description of mindfulness and the need to teach children how to use it.
on February 19, 2015
I have been pondering on how to introduce my practice to younger audiances and this book has been a very helpful guide.
on September 18, 2017
Very informative with many practical ideas.
on October 5, 2015
This is a great resource for not only parents, and those working with children, but is also provides simple and straightforward techniques that anyone can incorporate into their lives. The author writes in a style that conveys care and compassion. An easy read.
on January 14, 2013
There are lessons for me the adult in this terrific book. The emphasis on fun, and the absence of dogmatic spiritual teaching, is useful for many who might be turned off my b=more overt Buddhist emphasis.
on January 9, 2014
This book has been amazing for me so far. It was recommended to me by an occupational therapist who I greatly admire. I have a two year old and I am a preschool teacher for a group of one year old's. I already have my two year old practicing deep breathing with me on the way to school and a more focused group of one year old's. I can't wait to see what happens when I have finished to book and can apply more of Greenland's ideas.
on November 14, 2017
Love this book. Mindful games is a great companion to this