Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 121 reviews
on March 16, 2017
My high school granddaughters knew who Helen Keller was, but they had never seen or read the play by William Gibson. After I gave them the book, I showed them (as well as two younger grandsons, ages 9 and 11) the fantastic 1979 film with the amazing Patty Duke and Anne Bancroft. It was a wonderful bonding time for my grandchildren and me.
on October 28, 2013
If you're looking for cyberpunk reading material, be warned: this is NOT the same William Gibson of Neuromancer fame, though a brief perusal of the Amazon description should have told you this.

William Gibson, the cyberpunk novelist, was born in 1948; this play by William Gibson, the playwright (b. 1914), was first produced in 1959. To the idiots leaving 1-star / negative reviews of this item without having read the description, you got what you deserved. A quick perusal of Gibson's own website gives you a concise list of the books he's written
on January 21, 2016
I enjoyed directing this play very much for Texas OAP contest. Interestingly enough, I'm currently reading SPRING THAW by Tammy Fish, and one of her characters reminds me so much of Anne Sullivan - you can check out that novel at http://www.springthawnovel.com/ I recommend it highly! In this play, Gibson does a great job showing the amazing truth of history, Anne Sullivan, struggling with the loss of her brother, matches stubbornness with Helen Keller to spark an enlightening the entire world has been able to enjoy.

This play has wonderful family interaction, moving drama, and some great humor from Jimmy, Helen's brother. It is one of the top plays to reach the state contest in One Act Play, and there's really no surprise why, highly recommended!
on March 15, 2017
I loved the story! Even though I normally don't like reading script this is one of the most dramatic and heartwarming books I have ever read. I read it on Kindle, but I don't believe that it matters as long as you read it.
on July 28, 2017
Indescribably amazing!! This true story is one every person should read. A visit to Ivy Green is highly suggested so you can not only read but see for yourself where the miracle happened.
on September 13, 2017
I'm not usually the type of person to read this genre, but I very much enjoyed reading it. It left me wanting more of the story, which is a good quality in a book.
on December 20, 2016
An educational read. I found the play to be inspiring as well. Good for intro to acting courses too.
on March 11, 2017
Great play and the original movie as well.
on September 11, 2017
very good
on August 19, 2017
This book was for my 12 year old grand-daughter, she loved it.