Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 113 reviews
on March 16, 2017
My high school granddaughters knew who Helen Keller was, but they had never seen or read the play by William Gibson. After I gave them the book, I showed them (as well as two younger grandsons, ages 9 and 11) the fantastic 1979 film with the amazing Patty Duke and Anne Bancroft. It was a wonderful bonding time for my grandchildren and me.
on October 28, 2013
If you're looking for cyberpunk reading material, be warned: this is NOT the same William Gibson of Neuromancer fame, though a brief perusal of the Amazon description should have told you this.

William Gibson, the cyberpunk novelist, was born in 1948; this play by William Gibson, the playwright (b. 1914), was first produced in 1959. To the idiots leaving 1-star / negative reviews of this item without having read the description, you got what you deserved. A quick perusal of Gibson's own website gives you a concise list of the books he's written
on January 21, 2016
I enjoyed directing this play very much for Texas OAP contest. Interestingly enough, I'm currently reading SPRING THAW by Tammy Fish, and one of her characters reminds me so much of Anne Sullivan - you can check out that novel at http://www.springthawnovel.com/ I recommend it highly! In this play, Gibson does a great job showing the amazing truth of history, Anne Sullivan, struggling with the loss of her brother, matches stubbornness with Helen Keller to spark an enlightening the entire world has been able to enjoy.

This play has wonderful family interaction, moving drama, and some great humor from Jimmy, Helen's brother. It is one of the top plays to reach the state contest in One Act Play, and there's really no surprise why, highly recommended!
on March 15, 2017
I loved the story! Even though I normally don't like reading script this is one of the most dramatic and heartwarming books I have ever read. I read it on Kindle, but I don't believe that it matters as long as you read it.
on December 20, 2016
An educational read. I found the play to be inspiring as well. Good for intro to acting courses too.
on March 11, 2017
Great play and the original movie as well.
on March 14, 2017
Item as described and arrived quickly. Thank you
on May 7, 2016
The story of Helen Keller in simple language. What can I say other than it is what it is. I enjoyed it as I always have. This was a replacement of one that was lost from my library.
on February 16, 2015
Love this book
on September 17, 2016
This is the script for the play about Helen Keller. It is also the base for the screenplay "The Miracle Worker".