Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on July 20, 2017
Purchased this for my mom. A lot of good information in here for the beginner money manager. Good information for all phases of life from good money habits to instill in kids to things to do in retirement. I listened to the audiobook and I found some good novel information as well as some good reminders of things I had already come across in other books. The information in here is not going to be groundbreaking if you have already read several other money management books. I think there is more information here on navigating personal relationships and habits than other books but again not ground breaking just more common sense. But I do recommend it for people who are newer to managing money.
on July 2, 2017
While I unknowingly had been following her advice, I feel comfortable and ready to retire when the time comes. I learned a lot about what to think about in retirement, though I am not convinced long term care insurance is worth going into. Everyone can learn something from her awesome book.
on April 11, 2011
Helped my make decisions and have intelligent conversations about my retirement advisor, decide about annuities and target investments. Would like to see book aimed at living in retirement, especially since baby boomers are entering into retirement whether they like it or not. Also on when is it safe to inhale and just enjoy like without being fixated on money, i.e. what if you've done it all right? Seems every piece of advice has an exception, which could be explored more thoroughly. When is it time to move funds from one mutual fund company to another when you are unhappy with your advisor. Signs when it is time to change would be good. Received very good service from Amazon for purchase of book.
on April 4, 2011
Suze writes about current events in our economic present and for our economic future. She tells us to let go of the past, and pursue the New American Dream. In the past, owning a home was the American Dream. Now, perhaps renting is the right choice for you, especially if you want the freedom to move in order to accept promotions, or in order to find a new job. Suze stresses the need to live below your means, but within your needs. Learn to gain as much pleasure from saving as you do from spending. Suze explains to readers at all points in their careers and in their retirement how to invest, save, spend wisely, and make their money last throughout their retirement. Her website provides additional information to supplement the book. A must for all Suze fans, and for anyone who would like to make the most of their money in these hard times. Stand in your own truth and read this book.
on January 5, 2012
Mrs. Orman's common sense approach to living within your means and saving for the future is informative and easily understood. She addresses strategies for every age group from helping children understand the importance of saving, to college planning, to young adults, to middle age, and the elderly. She also addresses a wide variety of investment options, and how to grow your nest egg for a comfortable retirement even if your income is minimal or virtually non-existent. It is a good book for the novice investor or someone who has not made wise financial choices in the past. It is encouraging and addresses today's economic downturn with a positive message that it is possible to reach your dream.
on September 7, 2013
Very informative. Great information to share with children, and what to do at every age range: 20, 30, 40, and 50 and beyond regarding retiring, paying debt, and paying your mortgage before retiring.
on April 16, 2011
A very good book for people interested in managing their finances today and planning for tomorrow. I found the first chapter a little difficult to get through, but the rest of the book was extremely informative with useful advice and practical steps to help secure our future. Time to hit the spreadsheets!
on October 29, 2016
Great book, but not as great as some of her other works I have read.
on August 28, 2012
Ms Orman's latest book has an extremely important ingredient. Buy the book, then, at least, read the first 25 pages. If you hope to see our country emerge from the present social and economic mess, while we still are alive, then we as individuals have an important job to do. We can't rely on the present status of our supposed leaders in Washington or the states to do it for us. Ms Orman lays out the plan. I agree with her because it parallels my own philosophy developed over the last 50 years. It has worked for me. And really, it is just plain common sense.
on January 24, 2012
As usual, Suze gets right to the point. This is a quick read filled with up to date information that can help every person it touches. Gives several on-line addresses for helps and a sign on for her on-line class. Keep up the great work Suze!