Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 10, 2015
Not exactly what I expected by the title. Yes, it was about the murder of Mormons by a Mormon, but there were different things going on here. Nowhere is there evidence that the Mormon Church instigated or approved of these murders. The church's culpability was in its deceit about the forged documents the murderer was selling them. It believed the documents would expose the fallacies of the church's teachings. The murders were committed to prevent the murderer's exposure as the forger.
on August 11, 2015
I've had a print copy of this book for years, but couldn't make any headway in reading it until I bought the Kindle edition. Sometimes I thought there was a tedium of trivia, but I came to realize that w/o the details I could not have believed that Hoffman actually carried out his elaborate forgeries and schemes.
on August 31, 2015
I have read this book several times. Had to get a Kindle version since I ruined too many paperbacks! The villain in the story is indeed dastardly, despite looking like a total geek. The police were constantly having problems presenting their case in court due to a pompous DA who thought he knew everything better than anyone. There is forgery, deception, murder, etc. what more can you want? Sex? We are talking about Mormon Utah remember. But there is enough other crime to make up for a lack of sex!
on January 29, 2018
I read this book after I left the Mormon church. It allows you to understand the length the church leaders will go to prove the Book of Mormon is true when in fact they have no evidence and members are asked to go on faith only. The book is an easy read and is hard to put down. Excellent buy!
on February 16, 2017
Outstanding. One of the best factual accounts of the very secret side of this society. Reads like the very best mystery novels, but written by journalists with the true journalistic ethics that make it genuinely terrifying to anyone paying attention.
on January 10, 2015
Extremely detailed and well researched! As a relative of 30 victims from the
Mountain Meadows massacre, the violence inherent in this book was not a great surprise.
I was amazed at the gullibility of investors who bankrolled Hoffman in such an enterprise.
Greed tends to collect strange befellows.
on April 29, 2016
Great read of a true story. Interesting facts about Mormons, particularly in the beginning days.
The guy in the story was real slick but blew off his fingers with his home made pipe bomb.
on May 6, 2012
I bought this book because I came out of a religious cult, the Independent Fundamental Baptist. And I wanted to read about other religious cults, I guess for my own validation that I had been duped for over 30 years. The book is written by 2 Harvard attorneys, and they document factual information, most of which are quotes. I was amazed by the expert writing and factual documentation relayed in the book. My eyes were opened as I had no idea that this Mormon activity and how messed up it really is. I had no idea of the twisted thinking of this religious group. If you are looking for a book that reports facts on what is behind the Mormon religion, this is the book to read. I wish that these authors would write a book exposing the Independent Fundamental Baptist, and their abuses also. I was barely able to put the book down once I started reading.
on August 2, 2017
I enjoyed reading the book.
on May 4, 2013
I was hoping for a dust jacket but should have asked. The book was in "good" condition. I'm glad to have it.
Sincerely,