Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on July 18, 2009
The company that put this CD together is either not familiar with classical music or what soothes a baby to sleep or both. While the CD is a great collection of classical music, it did not work for my toddler for 2 reasons:
1. The volume fluctuates throughout each piece. Some parts are so soft that if your child is not used to a quiet room, they will not fall asleep (my toddler would start singing to herself), and then other parts are so loud that it will wake a drowsy child up.
2. Not all classical music is slow and soothing. There are many energetic pieces on this CD that are not suitable for lulling a child to sleep. In my case, my toddler would start tapping her feet or hands to some of the pieces.
Don't pay attention to the music sampler, it only portrays the slowest parts to each piece, and hides the fact that many pieces speed up and get louder as they progress.
11 comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2010
I love a lot of the pieces on here so I had high hopes for using this as bedtime music for my baby. Two MAJOR problems:
1) Some of the songs are start with nice soft soothing music and then bridge into bold robust pounding sections that will shake anyone awake!
2) The lazy publishers of this disc set did not bother to balance the sound from track to track, so there are some tracks that are MUCH louder than others, again, shakes me and baby both awake in the middle of listening. ARRRGH!!!
Both of these would have been easy fixes if someone wasn't just out to make a buck without putting in a little effort to "curate" the album. So disapointing.
on July 30, 2013
I play this for my mother who was a concert pianist and taught piano for 66 years. Usually, she finds things that make her cringe in recordings by the average pianists playing today. Even though she's in final stage dementia, she still makes faces when someone is playing too fast just to be impressive rather than playing the music as the composer intended. ONE BIG CRITICISM -- my mother wants to know who the artists are that she's listening to and this album gives absolutely no credits and no information about the performers. I didn't think that was even legal. But I've bought several copies and people love this album. -- Coming from my mother, that's quite a compliment.
on March 15, 2017
Excellent baby shower gift !! I've given it several times instead of the same old boring shower gifts. Have gotten excellent feedback from expectant parents !!
on May 7, 2016
I had originally bought a copy of this two-CD set at a yard sale, but one CD was missing. I enjoyed the music so much I looked on Amazon for a copy that had both CDs and bought it. I listen to the songs often. They are so soothing at the end of the day. I tell my computer to play a few of my favorites to help me relax before bed. I highly recommend this CD set.
on June 22, 2012
I was looking for the right gift for my colleague and close friend who is on maternity leave and had no idea what to get her for her birthday. Finally I came across this CD with lullabies which I considered an excellent choice for a birthday gift for her and her baby boy who was born 5 days before her birthday. She was really excited when she opened it and now I know I for the perfect gift for both her and her little one to listen to it together and relax. I will definitely consider buying it for another married colleague of mine when she gets pregnant. :)))
on March 28, 2012
We play this for our newborn son, I'm a fan of classical music and listened to classical through pregnancy quite a bit. We play it at night or during the day. Our son really responds to music, this was a great buy, we put it on low at night and we sleep with it. He can be fussy and screaming, put it on, it grabs his attention, Its wonderful, Very peaceful. My husband even really loves it and he's not as much of a fan of classical music and he enjoys this cd. Very worth the buy even if you don't have a baby. I would listen to this myself too.
on September 3, 2011
I bought this CD (well, there are 2 CDS in it) because I was looking for some soothing lullabies for my son that I could stand! I get tired of the same lyrics over and over again, even if they are sang by my favorite artists.

This collection of pieces is awesome! I really enjoy listening to it, and I'm sure my little one does not mind either. You don't have to be a classical music fanatic to appreciate it. And I don't even mind getting this music stuck in my head.
on July 9, 2016
For these to be called soothing lullabies, the piano is very hard and loud. Not very soothing. Wakes up my sleeping baby :/
on July 26, 2013
I think the title of the CD is misleading. This CD is made up of classical music, not "lullabies". Some of the music is, in my opinion, actually more invigorating and stimulating, not calming. Also, if you already have some classical music, you may have some of these songs already. The songs included on these CDs are well known.