Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 162 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 304 reviews
on July 22, 2015
Excellent story and fascinating voice.
on July 12, 2016
Like setting Camus's Stranger in New Orleans among the Southern gentry. Dated in a way but worth reading even in its datedness.
on June 5, 2016
Somewhat disappointing - not up to the standard of other Percy books that I have read. Too large a cast of characters.
on April 20, 2015
I read this for a book club that I did not attend. I enjoyed the book even though I don't usually enjoy literature. I am probably not smart enough to understand the themes in the book. Still liked it.
on June 19, 2016
They way the story was told was different than the normal stucture of novels, but most enjoyable!
on September 20, 2016
Poetic and compelling. A wonderful look at a young man's coming of age
on August 9, 2016
I read it first when it came out.fifty years ago I think. It held up for me.
on December 28, 2014
I read it on a recommendation, so some people like it, but I'm not the right audience.

Maybe if you love Blanch Dubois, you'll like it - but that's a guess.
on September 3, 2013
A few days in the life of a New Orleans existentialist. The point see,s to be that the purpose of life reveals itself if you're honest about your feelings and pay attention. Generally excellent though the ending seems a little pat.
on June 26, 2014
We read this for our book club. Not a lot of action but very flavorful descriptions of people and places. Reading it is like walking into a family album/portrait gallery.