Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on March 25, 2015
O.K. I saw this movie, back in the 90's when it came out, and it is so unique, you won't soon forget it. There are funny parts, parts that make you say "what?"! Suspenseful parts, etc. There is a lot of black and white, but much of it is taking place in the middle ages. I liked it, I made my teenage kids watch it, they didn't like it as much. But, it's a good story. I like the whole time travel theme. I have tried all the Blockbuster movie rentals in our state and the library and was unable to locate this movie anywhere, to re-watch it, so I'm glad it own it now. EXCELLENT SELLER, HIGHLY RECOMMEND, VERY HAPPY WITH PURCHASE.
on September 10, 2016
As many of the other reviews I've seen prior to purchasing this DVD, this is one flick that left an impression with me ever since I saw it the first time. It has a bit of a David Lynch element to it...probably why I love this film.
on May 6, 2014
This movie fascinated me from the start when I first saw it in 1988. I even bought a crappy copy on VHS (remember that?). Imagine my thrill when I saw it could be acquired in this modern disc format! This movie is quirky and mesmerizing. Give this movie a chance to thrill you, too.
on July 13, 2017
A classic, originally saw at the cinema. Nice to have my own copy, only wish it was available in blu-ray.
on May 17, 2017
Such an amazing, underappreciated, and unknown film. A must see for any Sci-fi, fantasy, or period movie fan! BRILLIANT!
on January 20, 2014
This is not a glitzy done movie. But I watched it ten years ago and really wanted to see it again. You certainly need to suspend your natural belief of movies. It definitely paints a grim picture of the black plague years. I doubt it is very historically accurate but it is a semi-fantasy of you will. The acting of the young boy is very good and i find some of it to be pretty dramatic.
on December 24, 2013
This is a strange tale set in the back drop of the black death in a small Welsh village who's inhabitants try to find a cure by tunneling into the earth only to come out in modern day New zealand to complete their misson. The film starts in black and white and goes to colour when they reach modern times before reverting back again. Well acted and shows the difference between the two cultures with a strange clarity. Well worth a watch
on April 7, 2014
Very dark and interesting film and not at all what I was expecting which is to say much lighter fare. The story involves a group seeking escape or divine intervention from the black plague. The motley medieval crew somehow crosses over into a dark rainy bleak industrial modern world and struggles to put a spire on a church that the youthful "navigator" Griffin has seen in a vision. They encounter a variety of challenges from crossing a motorway to dealing with a submarine (Still trying to figure out the symbolism of that)The how or why of the this time travel is never fully explained. Notwithstanding the color photo on the DVD cover, the film is shot in a very dark and grainy black and white. The DVD is best viewed in a darkened room.

All in all an interesting film
on July 11, 2017
I received my order today. Everything's fine. I will see the movie soon.Thank's Amazon.
on September 16, 2017
The movie doesn't play right after about an hour.