Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

The Net (2010 Remaster)
Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.49

on September 7, 2013
Little River Band will capture you in The Net. Fabulous music and great dance tunes. I highly recommend it! Honestly
on July 3, 2014
Amazing clarity!
on April 15, 2015
This is the point where a lot of fans of Little River Band drop off. The sound becomes a little harder, John Farnham takes over as lead singer, it's no longer the sound of Cool Change or Lady. For me, the earlier LRB sound was enjoyable, but a bit too soft. They still have the great vocal harmonies on this album, but Farnham's vocals add a tougher edge to the sound, and Stephen Housden gets to stretch out on guitar here, adding some brilliant work to songs like Down on the Border, Sleepless Nights, and Falling. Founding member Beeb Birtles sings a strong lead on Mr. Socialite, while bassist Wayne Nelson rocks Easy Money. Their last real hit, We Two, is on this album - I didn't even recognize it as LRB when I heard it on the radio in the summer of 1983. Graham Goble was the main writer in the group by this time, and came up with strong lyrics to match his memorable melodies. This is LRB at their best.
on December 22, 2008
The Net was LRB's first album with John Farnham, after Glenn Shorrock departed from the band in 1982. The album was released after the Greatest Hits album which had one song with Farnham singing lead vocals The Other Guy which cracked #11, in the top 100 singles. The Net which peaked at #61, featured a saxophone driven lead off single You're Driving Me Out of My Mind which cracked the top 40 peaking at #35. We Too fared a little better climbing to #22. Farnham deliberately tried to avoid becoming a clone of Shorrock almost immediately adapting his vocal style to fit the LRB mold. The album itself, it one of the best out of print albums I've ever heard. Even songs that didn't capture me initially like The Danger Sign and the Net eventually grew on me. The first three songs You're Driving Me Out of My Mind, We Too and especially No More Tears almost define the Farnham era that lasted from 1983 until 1986. The second five tracks are more of an acquired taste than the first five. Additionally, the bonus track One Day is good enough that you're left wondering why it was left off the original album.
on October 15, 2005
I just finished burning my vinyl copy of this album to CD, removing any pops, ticks and hiss and boosting the EQ a bit. I've not listened to this album since 1983 or so, and I was really taken aback, at what a great album it is. The production is still relevent, as are the songs and the performances. I am also a fan of John Farnham, after this album and have all his solo CD's. I had forgotten what turned me on to him, and it was this album. How great to hear it again after all these years. Too bad One Way Records dropped this from their reissue catalog - my newly burned copy sounds AWESOME! Top songs: No More Tears, Mr. Socialite, The Danger Sign, Falling, and The Net. All songs are great, these are standouts. Highly recommended.
2 people found this helpful
HALL OF FAMEon November 6, 2011
THE NET is the first LRB album featuring the incredible John Farnham as lead vocalist and it remains one of their best!
The band's impeccable harmonies and superb musicianship are remarkably evidenced in the 11 tracks offered here.
THE NET managed two hit singles in the USA: the funky horn-driven YOU'RE DRIVING ME OUT OF MY MIND and the catchy melodic WE TWO. Farnham's evocative voice led the band into a new direction and these two songs were highly reflective of that.
There are no weak tracks on this CD. Original member Beebs Birtles is featured on the dynamic MR. SOCIALITE while neophyte bassist Wayne Nelson soars on EASY MONEY. THE NET also introduced guitarist Stephen Housden who delivers potent musical support. Fortunately Housden and Nelson have survived future transformations and are still recording with LRB today.
LRB is my favorite band. Few bands have provided the quality of true musical perfection as LRB. THE NET is definitely one of my "deserted island" requests.
on April 29, 2005
I have burned through 4 copies of this album since it came out. Little River Band was a formidable band with Glenn Schorrock (sp? sorry Glenn!)and there will never be another like him. However, John Farnham is a musical genius and completely transformed the sound of the band with this his debut album with the band. Their style went from the familiar and brilliant melodic, pop oriented ballads to cutting edge, sexy, moody commentaries on relevent social issues - almost Henley-esque. John Farnham has a life-long fan in me and to follow him to his solo offering "Whispering Jack" is not a fools journey to the edge of the universe. I will need "The Net" to be a permanent part of my collection and will continue to pay whatever price is asked to make it so.
on January 29, 2009
Songs Include : 1. You're Driving Me Out Of My Mind / 2. We Two / 3. No More Tears / 4. Mr. Socialite / 5. Down On The Border / 6. The Danger Sign / 7. Falling / 8. Sleepless Nights / 9. Easy Money / 10. The Net / 11. One Day
review imagereview image
on March 27, 2004
was so happy to find another copy of this great CD.. i tore it up many years ago on an old cassette deck.. remember those? with the new lead singer i was really blown away.. the original lead vocalist was also great but this was a whole new flavor for this band.. an excellent CD with the great LRB vocals too... if you can buy it do so ....
4 people found this helpful
on March 7, 2006
I bought the 45 of "you're driving me out of my mind" when I was a kid. The B-side "mr. socialite" was one one of the best songs I had ever listened 2. I went out and got the tape, played it, lost it and got another. If you able 2 find one of these reissues, pick it up! You will not regret it.