BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Jessi James decker Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on July 20, 2010
I used to wake up and turn on Nickelodeon back in the '80's and watch this show religiously!! It brings back some great memories. Now my 7 year old daughter can enjoy this show also. It also helps that she LOVES HORSES! Recommend to all!!
on April 8, 2010
Vicky sept daughter is very smart girl
that she takes a good likeing two Black Beauty
and her father leaves and is missing
so her and her sept-mother go to a
place that is far way close too
the ocean and old Black beauty pass
a way, then she finds a wild stattion
that looks like Black beuty
and her and the horse
find each other that love can't break
and her And New Black beauty are friends
for A long time.
it's writen very good :)
on January 24, 2015
Spoiler alert - first two episodes set up a story line that the dad was lost at sea while en route to New Zealand, but he might have been rescued and might yet make it. The rest of the family then travels to New Zealand, hopeful that he will someday reappear. We watched the final two episodes tonight hoping he might have finally made it to rejoin the family. Instead, Beauty leaves because he's started his own horsey family. IN ALL 24 EPISODES, THE DAD NEVER SHOWS UP. Other than that "minor" plot hole, we enjoyed this series. The girl keeps getting herself into scrapes and of course, the horse is always instrumental in rescuing her. The NZ landscape is beautiful and we got a really vivid picture of frontier life among early settlers.
on July 16, 2008
This was one one my favorite series when I was a child. What's not to love? Beautiful scenery, wonderful horses, independent teenage girl, and cute German guy. But I never met anyone else who had even heard of it, so I was very much surprised to find it available on DVD. Also delighted, because I'd only managed to tape 15 of the 26 episodes. But when I got the DVD I saw there were only 24 episodes. Why on earth did they leave off 'Horsepower' and 'Horse Sense', two perfectly innocuous episodes? I can't understand how or why this oversight happened. It's just so annoying, I buy DVDs in order to get rid of my tapes, and now I have to keep this one. And I'm left with this little nagging feeling whenever I look at my DVD set on the shelf, and remember that it's not quite complete. Absolute torture for one with OCD.
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2006
What a great set of DVD's (six DVD's with four episodes each,for a grand total of 24!!!) from Questar Home Video!!! A great show for the whole family,"The New Adventures Of Black Beauty" from the early 90's has two of the original cast members (William "Doctor Gordon" Lucas and Stacy "Jenny Gordon" Dorning)from the original classic British series from the early 70's!!! So,if you were a fan of the original series you'll love this one too!!! It even has the classic original theme song that was used in the original series!!! Also recommended for horse lovers!!! Two thumbs up!!! Five stars!!! A+
on April 5, 2005
This TV program is my very favorite! I really love horses, and this program is full of excitement and adventures. The episodes take place in New Zealand so the background scenery is beautiful! (Out of the 24 TV spisodes shown on these 2 DVDs, I only disliked 1 of them - number 11 of Season 1 because it is about a little old lady whom some of the townspeople think is a witch. Even though it works out in the end, and everyone discovers that she is just a lonely old German lady who doesn't speak English, I didn't approve of the nonsense.) The other 23 episodes are wonderful!
on February 8, 2008
This DVD - although not the most modern or gripping. Really was a trip down memory lane and a fantastic afternoon of entertainment. Seeing Black Beauty and Vicky on their adventures just makes you long for the New Zealand hills and have a horse of you own. Fabulous best buy 2008!!!
on August 28, 2008
After having not watched this since I was 12 years old, just hearing and seeing the opening title brought tears to my eyes. Of course the stories seems a little lame now as Ii'm 28 years old, still can't help but smile. Makes me want to go horse riding again! A great purchase to now have all the episodes on DVD.
on October 18, 2005
My family agrees with other review. All shows are great. Episode #11 is also our least favorite.

My teen daughter is a huge fan of this show. She wishes there were more.
on March 27, 2010
I watch this with my almost 7 year old twin girls and it's great. Totally positive stuff. Teaches good values. Wish there could be more entertainment like this.