Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by us the duo Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 26, 2017
Enjoyed the recipes and stories.
on October 14, 2010
What a fantastic compilation of the many new restaurants in Brooklyn - a foodie's delight and a cocktail-table book to boot. The well-written vignettes about each neighborhood and restaurant make this thoroughly enjoyable reading. The recipes and photos entice you to try your hand in the kitchen and then quickly visit each restaurant to sample their other mouthwatering dishes. Kudos to the authors and the photographer.
2 helpful votes
on October 6, 2010
These are the best restaurants in Brooklyn! Kind of amazing they're all here. My copy arrived today and I can't stop looking at it. It captures the Brooklyn of the moment, the Brooklyn I'm proud to live in, the Brooklyn that is leading a food revolution. I feel like there's a lot of snark about Brooklyn these days, especially from Manhattan, and what comes across in this book is a real sincerity and kinship among chefs and purveyors to pursue and celebrate the value of process. It's not a phony movement and this is not a phony book cashing in on a phenomenon. It looks great too. Love the map on the inside cover. Can't wait to try the recipes. I really want to try pickling watermelon rind and braising pork belly. Although I thought I could eat anything, but I might have to draw the line at the calf's tongue.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on October 19, 2010
When I recently cracked open my copy, I was very happily suprised with the obvious care and love put into this book. The authors tackle a potentially snotty subject to produce a captivating exploration of Brooklyn food and all it's trappings. This is not simply a cookbook (the authors interview a local knife maker and other local but non-restaurant food people); it can be enjoyed as much more. The recipes range from the sophistacted to homey -- but all are accessible and easy to follow.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 28, 2015
Bought this book for my daughter and she loves it. We're Brooklyn born and bred, but anyone would appreciate the recipes in this book.
on January 29, 2015
I got this for my brother so he could have a little taste of Brooklyn (which is where I live). He has made several dishes from it so far, all delicious.
on November 10, 2016
Love the recipes and written articles
on March 3, 2012
I've been cooking from many cookbooks for the last 3 years and although I LOVE the concept of this book and adore these restaurants, so far I'm finding that the recipes are really difficult for the home cook. Not only do the require many specialty ingredients, but some techniques like the gnocchi are a bit advanced or maybe a bit inconvenient I should say. (AND it's a little too obvious that they left out the secret ingredient). Otherwise I'll come back to you in a few months and let you know how the rest of my experience progresses..but generally I give this book a good review as it pushes the home cook out of the box so to speak and reinforces us to eat farm fresh and locally!!
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on February 4, 2011
We've tried about five of the recipes in this book so far, and have planned to try just about every other one in the near future. I've loved reading about these places and people, and the recipes have ranged from as easy as a 30 minute meal, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tastier, to as complex as a using every pot in the kitchen type meal. We have loved them all! We try to cook about one recipe a week out of this book, and as soon as we are done eating, we are always so excited to choose the next recipe! Love, love, LOVE this book.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on May 26, 2011
To come clean: I live in Brooklyn and I love living in Brooklyn. I'm also a dedicated home cook (and on a budget), which means that even though I bask in the existence of Brooklyn's culinary scene, I don't get to eat at its restaurants all that much.

The New Brooklyn Cookbook brought nearly every pleasure of restaurant dining home to me. I can browse (partial) menus, order off them (provided I'm willing to do the cooking), and feast. What could be better?

The photography is gorgeous, the local histories are really evocative, and the food is inspired.