BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Kidz Bop PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

The New Kings of Nonfiction
Format: Paperback|Change

on July 30, 2015
As an aspiring writer of truly excellent nonfiction, I can't think of a better book to read. Every story in here is riveting--even the ones on topics I would have told you I have zero interest in. This is a book I look forward to reading again and again--not only to study and learn, but to simply immerse myself in terrific writing. I hope Glass creates future versions--I'd buy every one.
on September 5, 2017
Great price. Very quick ship
on October 14, 2016
One of my favorite books of the last 10 years. Bought this copy as a gift.

I skipped a few of the chapters (very uncharacteristic of OCD me), and still managed to adore the book.
on October 6, 2012
For all you fans of This American Life like I am, you know Ira Glass always brings a unique perspective to the world around us. This time he's collected the best contemporary journalists to tell true stories that are pertinent to our a lives with boldness of emotion and opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed each author as well as Ira's introduction. Keep in mind that even though there may be a lightheartedness in some of the stories, the subject matter was thought provoking.
on August 6, 2017
Excellent selections
on March 21, 2013
I'm a fan of This American Life and Ira Glass and have been looking for a hard copy version of this book all over Australia, to no avail!

Recently, I found the Kindle edition and have enjoyed reading the collection of essays/stories immensely- with writers like Malcolm Gladwell, Bill Buford and Malcolm Gladwell how could I not.
on October 8, 2016
Very good and interesting read
on September 2, 2012
My step-daughter was taking a class that required her to read and write a report on the book, "The New Kings of Non-fiction." She couldn't find the book in the library, so I went on line to look for it. I found the book and ordered it, and it arrived sooner than expected.
on December 12, 2012
I love Ira Glass and This American Life, so bought this collection. I am really enjoying it. All essays are well written, and it's gotten me to read on some topics I normally wouldn't explore (kinda like This American Life!). I highly recommend this book.
on June 3, 2013
There were several memorable stories here, but they are from Ira's cold files. Some didn't age that well. The story about the NY socialite and the story about British football are still in my brain!