Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad STEM Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$9.99

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on January 7, 2014
This show is amazing: it's so funny, the actors are better than perfect together! I watched it when it was on TV and really liked it but getting to see it now it's breath taking how well written it is, it's funny and tender and honest in a most touching way. I love the way all the characters bounce off each other, it's so clever and harsh and true. I really wish Ryan Murphy would revive the show and bring it back on cable or Amazon or netflix. The little girl is really good the two gay men are excellent, Nene is wonderful and the conservative grandmother brilliant! We need many more seasons please consider bringing it back it's too good not to explore further, thanks you won't regret purchasing it, I bought a few episodes and was hooked I bought the whole season offered and look wistfully for more... Thanks souch
on August 30, 2016
This show was amazing, it had me and my family in tears laughing and emotionally more than a few times. I loved the fact that although the main characters were gay, it wasn't biased in any way on its topics. The cast was phenomenal, I loved Ellen Barkin as Nana. I recommend this show to anyone open minded enough to watch it, it has a deeper message about family and what it means to be one. Over all, it was beautifully writen, acted, and filmed. A complete 1 season gem, Worth the 15$.
on December 15, 2012
if "all in the family" "roseanne" and "will & grace" had a baby on acid it would be lucky if it was as good as this wonderful show

ellen barkin shines. she is wrong often enough to be a real-life mcconservative, but like an annoyingly square grandmother, she can also be profoundly right. i'm now 6 episodes in and it continues to get better from an already impressive pilot.

nene leakes alone is worth the admission. i always knew she was a thousand foot tall party, but i didnt know she could act. turns out she can and is the best supporting character in ages. i might even start watching glee just to see her.

the little girl is also worth staying for. actually the whole cast is good and the writing is cutting edge and sometimes punctuates the semi-cartoon atmosphere with a moment or five that are shockingly real.

love it love it love it.
on April 9, 2013
This is a great show, let me start by saying that I have a Catholic family background which by standard normal procedure we are teached to have a certain adversity to homosexuality, and do not get me wrong I consider myself to be a well read person with a college degree, and when you grow up your perception changes and I watched this show from day one with my daughters and believe me it is a great way to understand with your children how the world is changing and how we need to comprehend and learn to accept a different lifestyle.
The show is wonderful and teaches family values however I was amazed when I read a news that this show was canceled in Utah, I just wish that the reasons behind this decision were not affiliated with hate and bigotry the world needs to move forward.
on October 3, 2013
A time appropriate situation-comedy for today....Funny slap-stick mixed with heart-tugging emotional issues....An extremely talented cast who complimented each other in every scene....Superior television whether you are gay or straight....Great exercises in unconditional love and respect.....Every episode had a timely message....Very sad it was cancelled after season one and hopeful it will come out on DVD....Thanks AMAZON for having it available on Instant Video for viewing!
on December 25, 2012
There isn't anything "new" about a happy family discovering each other and building relationships! These people are warm, funny, a little stereotyped but totally real so far. I vote for this show!
on January 3, 2014
Wish it was still running but ending brought to close well. Discussed many important social issues. Surprised it did not get more screen time. I am so happy that prime tv was able to give a spot for this show it really explains why equality is essential and biggots are ugly.
on July 3, 2016
Clever, enjoyable, well written, well cast, well acted. And addresses real issues.
on March 28, 2014
This is simply one of the great TV shows of all time, but I think as some of the critics and trade reviews said when it was cancelled, it may have been slightly ahead of its time. It's the kind of show that TV needs urgently -- not crap that talks down to its audience or reality shows that present train wrecks as role models, but a functional, happy, funny, occasionally snarky and realistic show about a couple that happens to be gay. It's TV at its best -- writing, acting, production values, etc -- and seriously, the kind of show that TV needs to keep people from defecting to premium cable, internet or YouTube. I think the execs knew this was quality and that's why they got behind it. However, after watching and delighting at every episode, I agree it may have been too much too soon; the gay couple is clearly the focus of the show and in an ideal world, a couple facing challenges and bringing a baby into the world is a a great premise. American TV audiences as a whole might not have been ready to tune in each week and identify with this gay couple -- perhaps, ostensibly, the stand-in for some of creator Ryan Murphy's own experiences. Although, to shoot my own argument down, in the 80s Bill Cosby put forth a successful, wealthy, loving black family at the center of a TV sitcom and it took off. So, who knows. In any case, I really hope this gets reincarnated at some point because it's a jewel of a show. The only weak point I found was the Ellen Barkin character. She's phenomenal, always has been, and is here as well. The character wasn't sketched out too well, though, and I think the mother played by Jessica Walter on Arrested Development is so brilliant that she owns that space. In an otherwise subtle and beautifully textured set of characters, the Ellen Barkin character here seemed too blunt and almost out of place. That's the only suggestion I'd have for improvement, smoothing that character out -- Barkin is so brilliant and such an electric presence it would be great if they could find a way to bring that character into the same tone as the rest, and give her something meaty to do. Anyway, this is one of TV's best shows that, for now, is a one-season wonder, and it deserves to be given another chance.
on December 19, 2014
I loved this show. It took a while before it found it's rhythm, but I think it suffered from the timing. It came out during a very stressful and contentious time in history between our first African American President and the fight for Gay equality. VERY funny moments as well as some very uncomfortable and touching one.