Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on January 17, 2013
I was a bartender many years ago and recently have had the mixology itch. Funny, I'm not a big drinker. I actually just enjoy making a good drink no mater if it's for me or someone else. I was just going to purchase a Mr. Boston recipe book but on the recommendation of Derrick Schommer (check him out on you tube) I went with this instead. It was in my amazon "for you" list anyway so I didn't have to look very hard. Very pleased I did. A very respectable amount of classic drinks represented in a way that it's not so intimidating to try your hand at them. There is plenty of extras that will enhance your next party or self indulgence as well. You don't need to go out and spend a lot, stay home and master you favorite cocktail and hey maybe impress your friends, with this as your secret weapon you could be the toast of the town.
on April 2, 2014
The author's attitude to gin is similar to most gin drinkers: You either like gin or you haven't given it a chance. As such, this book includes a lot of gin cocktails Sorry to say that there are some people that really just don't like gin and I'm one of them. I've tried gin and tonics, gin martinis, etc., multiple gin brands and I don't like gin.

This book does include a lot of cocktail recipes and I look forward to trying several. The recipes for bar snacks is nice is the toasts section.
on February 21, 2013
I love the Hearty Boys' books. The back stories behind each dish/drink are so interesting and the recipes are fabulous. Try the Middle Eastern Spiced almonds and the Wasabi Pea Caramel Corn in this latest book...amazing! They store well so I made a batch of each and had plenty on hand for those "impromptu" guests over the holidays. Then, I made an extra batch of the almonds (with olive oil instead of butter) for myself to snack on...healthy and delicious. I'm not much of a drinker, but I was thinking it might be fun to have a "tasting" party and sample an assortment of the cocktails.
on November 9, 2012
Great photography by the author himself. Delicious cocktails, clearly the result of exhaustive, but fun research. Well written recipes for simple classics to sophisticated new techniques. Great glossary and list of bar tool must haves. A wonderful gift for many people on your holiday list! Excuse me now, it's Friday and I have to go make a "Carmen's Veranda"!
on March 19, 2015
This book is great! Informative and not boring. Great knowledge given on different spirits, bar tools, cocktail recipes, bar snacks even a section on toasting. I will keep this book handy and surely reference it often. All the spirits can be found at our Total Wine and More store. Awesome book!
on April 6, 2013
This is a good book to have on hand when you want to impress you friends with some fun and sometimes "fancy" cocktails! Steve has delivered another winner.
on April 29, 2013
This book is a comprehensive explanation of the ingredients, methods, and combinations that make up the classic cocktails, as well as a good background into how to apply these things to new drinks. When you are finished, you will be aware of what makes the classics great, as well as know at least two fundamental errors of James Bond's signature drink.
on March 30, 2013
Well written, engaging style. You can tell the author knows his stuff. I was looking for a good generic reference to add to my collection and this was a good one. He explains all the intricacies of bar materials and products very well. Worth the read if you want to get into bartending either professionally or as a hobby.
on March 20, 2014
Wonderful drink and snack recipes along with some history of the drinks themselves. I have many of the ingredients already and have tried a couple - pure pleasure! I am looking forward to another new old drink this weekend! Slante!
on November 24, 2012
Aftering watching the Hearty Boys on Food Network and having their first cookbook, I knew this book would hit a home run and I was right. Love the receipes, photos and snack ideas, it was money well spent. If you like to entertain, this is the book for you.