Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 604 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,307 reviews
on November 6, 2016
While it's convenient to have the NY Times available on the Kindle, it could be a lot better. First, not all the articles appear--that's particularly true with the Sunday Magazine section. Second, very few photos accompanying the articles are shown. Third, the puzzles aren't available. Very frustrating, particularly when you don't have access to the print version of the paper. All these could be easily remedied and produce a more satisfying result.
on August 21, 2016
I agree with other recent posts who've pointed out that the "Most Emailed" section has disappeared from the Kindle version of the NYT. This was a great way to catch up on articles I may have overlooked when they were first published. And add me to the list of subscribers who have been annoyed at the periodic absence of the Sunday magazine. And, even though I am considered an NYT subscriber by Amazon, the newspaper's website doesn't count me as such, and they want me to pay all over again in order to have unlimited access to their website. Such sloppiness is making me think it's time to cancel my subscription.
11 comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2015
Limited use. How many times do I need to purchase to read? NYT for Kindle dedicated to particular device: Kindle tablet, or Kindle ereader-not both, mind you, without separate purchases, and not available- period- for the Kindle app on my IOS device (which I'm writing this review on now). Cannot fathom why the NYT wants to squeeze readers like this. Other magazines, newspapers, and, of course, books are available across Kindle devices with a single purchase. This is archaic and simply wrong-headed. When you buy something like the news, why would you want to buy the same thing again? Make the NYT available for multiple Kindle devices, for one subscription price. On a positive note, content is generally excellent. Shame you have to take out a loan if you want to read on different Kindle devices.
0Comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2014
Today's(12/14/14) NYT was a rerun of yesterday's. There was no news or new editorials. I also don't like the most emailed section or the NY section. I am in Northern California. Maybe I need to switch to the SF Chronicle.
Frank
VINE VOICEon December 28, 2012
I LOVE the NY TIMES and have been a at-home subscriber for 10-12 years, but that method is not cheap. Two people in our household have iPads and starting reading it there. I liked what I saw and when I got a Kindle Fire HD I switched over. I still love the Times but the iPad app is nicer - it looks like the paper's front page - whereas the Kindle app is not as nice. I still believe all the content is there and I read it daily and I love the fact that it costs only a third of home delivery but I do miss seeing the front page view. On the Kindle it comes up as a series of stories. Once you click on a story, then you do get the pictures and it looks even better than the newsprint because of color but believe it or not I miss all those gorgeous full page adds in the Times! There are no ads on my Kindle version but the iPads do get some kind of ads but not the ones in the hardcopy paper. I give the Kindle App 3 or 4 stars but the Times itself always gets 5 stars from me. You can't get that news anywhere else. I hope Amazon improves the app so that my iPad family members can stop snickering!
on December 17, 2014
Loved getting the Sunday edition until this week, where I found the usual 23 sections decreased to 10. I knew the 99 cent price was an exceptional value and didn't expect it to last forever. Would have paid $4 or $5 to have the Sunday edition for the convenience. The Book Review is now a separate product, and there's no Sunday Styles, Travel or T Magazine. Very disappointed and can't find an explanation for the change anywhere. Unless you bring back the full Sunday edition, I won't be buying anymore.
on November 5, 2012
If you want to be an informed American, no resource comes close to the New York Times. I pay $.99 a week for the Sunday New York Times and it usually takes me a full week to read all the articles I am interested in, even though I skip entire sections (Sports, Style, etc.). I cannot count the number of times I have been surprised at what I did not know about a topic I considered myself relatively informed about, or fascinated by a story on a topic that at first blush seemed to hold little interest. In an age where so many papers are cutting back on content, it is reassuring to know that the Gray Lady is still able to deliver such consistently high, in-depth quality reporting. (As an added plus, having the paper delivered electronically to my Kindle allows me to have the device read the stories to me while I drive or walk with a natural enough voice that I can listen for hours at a time.)
on November 20, 2012
I find myself increasingly disappointed in the NY Times on my Kindle Fire. Seeing how many magazines have adapted their print versions for the Fire, the Times now seems very behind-the-times. With nearly all pictures and illustrations stripped from the paper, particularly in the non-front page or non-sports sections, I feel like I'm missing a part of the paper. Also, can't the app be programmed to remember where I left off when reading last? Every other book or magazine I read on the Kindle does this.

I'm also frustrated by the lack of subscription options. As a print subscriber, there were options (M-F, Weekends, etc.). Now it's all or nothing. Instead of paying $20 for the month, I now pay $4 for just the Sunday issues each month. I would pay a small premium to not have to remember to purchase them each week. Or I'd like the option to buy individual issues after the fact when I miss something.

And while I'm being cranky, I don't like "Most e-mailed" section. It serves no purpose to me, so I wish they had an option to turn it off.
on July 31, 2017
The New York Times is always a goodread. When on the road, I purchase it daily.
on January 21, 2014
Love it or hate it, New York city is a special place, and its preeminent paper genuinely reflects the heartbeat of the city and its own unique view of the world. As often as not, I disagree with that view, but the paper always states its case in cogent terms and gets me thinking about new possibilities.
My interest in modern art, fashion, local politics, and the New York Yankees is tepid at best, but I am always entertained by those sections because of the author's passion and facility with the written word. But all that said, mainly I enjoy the New York Times Sunday book section. It's not unusual for the reviews to be better written and more informed than the books under scrutiny. So with the New York Times, I'm enlightened, forewarned, and entertained--and all for a buck.