Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 88 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 204 reviews
on August 14, 2015
I have found all of Auster's work to be great. This is no exception. I thoroughly enjoy his style, and his characters are unique and put into interesting situations. Sometimes he gets pretty meta, ; like the first story. I liked this book, and I won't give you a full , proper review , as there are many on here. I will say though, like his other work, it is a worthwhile , engaging read. It's literary stuff.
on May 18, 2017
It is well-written, tricky, kind of absurd --but then, so is life! It should be read as a trilogy. Characters from past stories re-appear in latter stories in ways that subvert previous narrations. Reading this book is engaging because the reader has a constant sense that something needs figuring out. Not an easy book, but I can see why it's so famous.
on May 11, 2017
Loved this new edition of the NY trilogy - Auster's writing is magnificent- sometimes awesome in the literal meaning of awe- these three books were what made me an Auster fan - have admired his work for years.
on July 16, 2017
Unusual and Intruiging. This will set you thinking. Worth the read. I will surely reread. Makes you ponder your own life.
on July 20, 2016
Bought this book on a whim after it was briefly mentioned in "My Struggle Book 5". Boy, was I happy. I can't recommend this book highly enough. Reminded me a bit of the postmodern style of David Foster Wallace or Thomas Pynchon, but much more minimal and subtle in tone.
on December 3, 2015
It had been recommended to me so many times that my expectations were hard to meet. I really enyoyed the use of English the author masters. There is a melancholy in the three stories that pulled me down a little, but it was an excellent reading experience.
on August 14, 2015
had to buy the complete trilogy after ready city of glass for my college class!
on December 29, 2015
Great book and you'll feel like a smarty pants for reading it. Very well written. A nod to classic noir mystery. Set in New York and very city-centric. Will very much enjoy.
on May 23, 2017
A must read for any Paul Auster fan, an amazing first compilation for a first time reader.
on April 8, 2015
A mind-bending book. A great read. Very New York. Makes me miss the place. Definitely recommend. Haven't read anything quite like it. Weeks later you'll still be thinking about these stories, even if you don't feel like you "got it" when you first read it. Maybe the point isn't to "get it" but to simply enjoy living in it.