Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

The Newton Boys
Format: DVD|Change

on October 23, 2016
Great acting, great writing and great story. Dragged a tad and felt a bit long at times, but well worth watching, especially because it's a true story! Amazing what these guys did and quite a bit of humor along the way.

The funniest part is watching the real Willis talk about his life in clips while the credits roll, so be sure and keep watching. Don't turn it off the second the credits appear, okay?
on August 22, 2016
The Newton Boys perpetuates a movie genre that Americans idolize: the bank robber with a golden heart. After about 1/2 hour I realized that I have been so overexposed to this genre that it just bores me now. Time for scriptwriters, directors, and actors to seek more imaginative, challenging expressions of their talents.
on February 27, 2014
When does a movie bromance become a wild ride, one that's sure to please? When stars Matthew McConaughey, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D'Onofrio, and Skeet Ulrich light up the screen. The chemistry between these four actors is undeniable; their portrayal of the brother-innocents is so believable, so seductive they carry us along on their grand adventure, and leave us rooting for a bunch of outlaws. In the end, it's been so much fun that we don't care. The tribute clip, from The Tonight Show featuring Johnny Carson, during the closing credits was pure genius; it reminds us that, although the boys' tale may be tall, it was also a true one. Mr. Carson's merriment is nostalgic and a nice cap on the movie's 'boys will be boys' theme.
One person found this helpful
on July 9, 2015
Absolutely fascinating detail in history, which honestly I never heard about! To think this chapter was not told sooner tells me how fact and fiction are so closely aligned that it's pretty much a fantasy brought to life by a bunch of South West Texans who rampaged the whole country and damned near got away with it!
on January 9, 2016
I frankly don't see how anyone could dislike this film. It's a hoot, and the "Newton boys" were quite likable hustlers. Apparently the judge agreed. It seems a study in how far a sunny personality can get a person, even if that person is robbing a bank at the time.
on May 7, 2018
Mathew McConaghey strikes again and some other good actors to boot made this flick an enjoyable veg-night. Thanks!
on March 14, 2017
I had this on vhs and liked it enough to purchase dvd. True story a plus and a great story too. K-r-a-z-y young men who live to tell their story is amazing.
on July 19, 2017
True story about brothers running afoul of the law. I liked it! There is an interview with one of the surviving brothers at the end.
on December 4, 2017
A very good movie true story.
on June 8, 2015
Very good movie, fast paced and great characters. The family of brothers were from Itasca, TX, where my some of my early kin were also from, and in the same time frame, but I never heard about this story before seeing the movie..