Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on October 6, 2011
Nice. I wanted something smallish to use as a day pack. I find myself using the outer pockets more than the large inner pocket, especially the mesh. Where I work there is a security checkpoint, so it's nice to be able to throw keys, wallet, and phone in the mesh outer at the last second. It's cool on my back when worn with one shoulder, it's got the mesh backing so I imagine it'd be comfortable if I had to wear it on a bike or something.

Stylish, well sized, excellent quality you'd expect from North Face. I also like the rigid inner portion on the mesh side of the main compartment, it makes it easy to slide in behind the seat of a car.

My only annoyance is no keeper straps or bands, you just have this excess in each of the straps that just kind of flops around.
on July 17, 2013
I think some reviews mentioned that it was a little small...I can see where they are coming from but it met my needs perfectly. I've used it multiple times so far (mostly travel) and it fits everything I need it to fit. It also seems to be well made and very durable. Has a lot of nice/handy features. I would recommend if you are looking for a basic travel back. I would think it would work good for school as well.
on June 21, 2013
It is worth every cent I payed, It fits whole home inside if needed. It understands you without speaking lol.
I even made poems and movies about my northface recon backpack. It is like king in backpacks.
Universe created human and human created northface recon backpack.

Haiku about northface backpack:

There was a night without moon
A man walked in dark with the northface recon backpack

: D
on August 11, 2011
I had been dying to replace one of my backpacks that I use to take to the office. It really didn't have great support and it was getting a little old. This North Face Recon backpack did the trick - perfectly. This is a fantastic medium sized backpack that is perfect for the office commuter, the hiker or even a great overnight/weekend bag. There are plenty of storage locations and it has built in padding and great back support.

Features:

One large back netting compartment with two smaller side netting compartments. Great for beverages.
One small zippered pocket that is perfect for small electronics or car keys.
The first large zippered section is full of storage spaces for small to mediums sized items of every shape and size. Counting the storage possibilities in the middle pocket section would reveal at least 10 areas/pockets to put things of varying sizes and shapes.
The large main pocket is perfect for a 15 inch or less laptop and work folder or even articles of clothing. This section also has a divider pocket that could even accomodate a pressed shirt while other clothes remain in the main section.

Once I actually transferred all of the contents of my old backpack to this one, I was relieved that I had made this long overdue purchase. This is a perfect light to medium sized backpack. Probably not sufficient for an extended camping trip, but pretty darn close.
on July 11, 2013
This backpack is amazing. It is roomy has tons of compartments and fits all my school supplies and my laptop. The only other bag that even compares is the older Recon which i still use.
on February 19, 2015
GREAT item, GREAT price
on July 4, 2011
I will never buy another brand for my boys backpacks again. I have purchased 2 North Face backpacks, and they are wonderful. They have used there bags for 2 school years and they still look great! The quality is worth the money, and I will always buy this product for them to use for school.
on December 14, 2012
Such a strong bag. Can carry all my books and computer while still being relatively comfortable on my back. I really enjoy traveling with this bag - makes my life so much easier
on December 15, 2012
I bought this item for a relative and they are content with it.

may buy one for my self later in the future.
on August 28, 2012
great storage. very comfy for my back. It has lots of little pockets that i can put all my stuff in so its pretty good!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.