The Official Michael Jackson Opus
- 18" H x 13" W
- Hand bound in leather
- Presented in hand-assembled, wood-constructed, silk-clad, deluxe clamshell case
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
What goes into a 400-page, 30-lb book? Not a whole lot. Most of this is stuff that you already know: Michael came from humble Indiana roots, performed with the Jackson 5, broke away to do Off the Wall, was a genius, redefined music and dance as we know it, blah blah blah. Most of the exclusive pictures are variations of pictures that you've already seen. Or there may be a page full of pictures on one film-like sheet, most of them extremely similar, if not identical. Most disappointingly, there aren't any real "behind-the-scenes" pictures OR insight; no pics of Michael just relaxing and being Michael. Nearly all of them are MICHAEL JACKSON, the performer, but none of Mike, or MJ, or Smelly, or whatever his friends called him. There aren't even many photos of Michael the humanitarian.Read more ›
1. Incorrect dates. I've noticed a few of them. 1979 is very different from 1984, right? This makes me think that either this was a very hurried effort - i.e. "Get it out there while people are still interested in his death!" or that it just wasn't proofread properly. Either way - not good. Not for hundreds of dollars - and not for what should be the most accurate, sort of encyclopedic text on the man in existence.
2. Some of the choices for testimonials are a little questionable - like they couldn't find anyone better to comment on his fashion sense than Kimora Lee Simmons?
3. Photo Quality. Most of these photos look fuzzy. You would think they would be really crisp and high resolution on this beautiful glossy paper. Some of the photos of the paintings are much too blurry to see details. In the description it says something like "There's Janet Jackson, as a fairy in the foreground" - but then you look where this fairy is, and she's pretty much just a blur.
4. The Art Lover section. I personally enjoy these paintings, and I think some of them are funny and cute, but honestly these paintings, and the testimonials from the artists don't really do much in the way of making him look anything close to sane. I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.
5. Fan Art? Yeah... don't care. Sorry. Would rather have more pictures, or writing from Michael, quotes from him, more scanned documents or notes, some kind of timeline - any pertinent information would be more appreciated than that.
1. It's seriously HUGE. It really is impressive, and heavy. It feels like something grand that you would spend a lot of money on.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this book!!!!!!!! While it covers more of MJ the artist and not much about MJ the person and how he related to his children and family on a regular basis, that information can... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Mrs.B*123
i gave this to my sweety for a x-mass gift and she loved it a lot and i got to say it is a cool bookPublished on November 7, 2012 by Bobby
I was lucky enough to get this as a gift and am floored! This is the one 'must have' collectible for any Michael fan who wants to remember the legendary King of Pop. Read morePublished on October 13, 2011 by JJ
Great book to add to my michael jackson collection. pretty heavy book with a lot of unseen photos. Miss michael. The concert wouldve been great.Published on March 27, 2011 by ben
given as a gift but from her responce i would say she was happy with the book. it arrived on time and as decribed.Published on November 6, 2010 by thor
This is a must for all MJ fans...Is a beautiful keepsake....Is hugh and I almost feel like I should have some sort of podium to display it. Read morePublished on October 22, 2010 by Cindy M
Brithday present for my daughter. First I was on the waitinglist with OPUS LONDON, as we live in Holland. They promissed me aprox. six weeks until the extra MJ Opus would arrive. Read morePublished on October 18, 2010 by CaasieDiem
This book is HUGE and I can barely pick it up, and there is NO media card as promised! They are not sending one out with the book! NEVER! Read morePublished on September 28, 2010 by Patricia Pullen
Like many others, I anticipated the release of this MJ opus but I must admit that if MJ where still around, I think the quality of what is inside would have been better and more... Read morePublished on July 3, 2010 by Librastar