Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on September 2, 2016
Purchased this used for .01 because I'm very much into management practices. Today we have started self-directed work teams. This book outlines a complete opposite practice of a hierarchical command structure. As I was reading this thorough and interesting book, I was reminded of how labor unions came about and how work was such a chore for the common laborer. Thank goodness we have come a long way from these horrible work practices.
on July 18, 2010
For anyone with an interest in the history of management theory, the early twentieth century, or what life was like without the extreme material abundance that marks our civilization (and how we came to be that way), this book is phenomenal. Kanigel deserves special praise for his even-handed treatment of the subject and of the many controversies that surround it. I got the sense that, through writing this book, he came to really appreciate Taylor and fully understand his critics.

I especially appreciated that he refrained from drawing conclusions about how to reconcile Taylor's ideas with later movements or from reinterpreting him through modern eyes. Instead, he leaves this all-important work to the reader.

Overall, the book is extremely well done. I highly recommend it.
on February 19, 2016
Excellent
on February 11, 2013
This was so interesting, I couldn't stop reading it; Frederick WinslowTaylor's impact on our daily lives is amazing this was The One Best Way.