Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 15, 2013
I love Dr. Cloud. I have read several of his books including Neccessary Endings. His ideas are life changing and so on target with learning to overcome obstacles. This is not your typical self help. He does not say try harder or follow these prescribed steps and you will have success. He touches on just enough physcology to be introspective. But not soo much that you need years of therapy to wok through your childhood issues! He gives just enough strategy to help you move forward without giving you orders on how or when to move. Overall, I have found it very enlightening to have read this book and learn how I can begin to align what I believe with who I am in action. I read this book recently when I found myself in a work/personal situation where I was bending to the pressure of strong personalities who were moving me away from my core values. I was saying one thing about my principles with my mouth and yet my actions were reflecting a woman with no back bone at all. I was picking up the slack and working tiredlessly at jobs that were not mine to do. Then I found myself dumped on because it was now expected of me to carry the workload alone. When I finally spoke up I was humilated by my boss, being told I wasn't a team player. Instantly I was labeled a trouble maker and responsibilities that had actually been mine were delegated away from me. As a project manager with no project I felt worthless. Through this book I found the resolve to resign not because I couldn't take the heat. Ultimately, I have learned that I am a very gifted worker who should not be squandering my talent at a company that tries to motivate with harrassment. I left high school twenty years ago I don't need a boss who wants to be the "mean girl". Employees were in and out on her whim not on the quality of their work or ethic. Popular than ostracized was a game played to pin employees against eachother. Each of us vying for that proverbial "good job" pat on the back. Thank you Dr. Cloud for teaching me skills for succeeding!!!
on February 1, 2015
I love this so much that I have it on my phone, ipad and hard copy. What a great manual for use in my business as well as in my personal life. Awesome author, detailed, explicit, organized and easy to follow with real life examples of how his concepts work. Great book.
on August 27, 2013
There really is one solution to having one life. I was introduced to Boundaries and Changes that Heal 16 years ago at a very difficult time of loss and pain. Each book by Henry Cloud has benefitted me. Immensely. Being in a good place again means I have the time and energy to do the work of reframing to get the full value from experience. As a person with many generations of Christian Heritage, I was grateful to break down some of my internal rubs over the seeming divides between my "secular and sacred" life as well as my "professional and personal" life. Am really enjoying the Leadership book as well.
on September 6, 2017
Like Henry I have learned many of the rules he suggests the hard way. Great book for putting the right boundaries and life rules in place to succeed.
on April 28, 2014
This is another good book by Dr Cloud. It's helping me realize how to deal with areas of my life that had sort of gotten out of hand. Good examples of how to appropriately take control, and how to recognize a dysfunction coming on, or trying to be imposed on you by someone. I think everyone could profit from reading this. Interesting, too.
on February 21, 2015
I'm not all the way thru this one yet, but -- i can already see that it's going to help me in so many areas of my life. For whatever reason, i've never figured out boundaries -- and from what i can gather, this brings together a number of topics from Henry Cloud's many other books (that i've purchased & read on the topic);
on November 10, 2017
This book has great insight on how to have healthy relationships in work and personal life.
It was very influential for me.
on February 16, 2015
Good book, love Dr. cloud's work.
on November 22, 2013
I thought I had seen all the self-help books and "knew it all" but this book has provided such enlightening new thoughts, I am entranced and I feel like I found something that I wish I found 10 years ago. This book speaks to the heart of my Soul, it's really amazing and I'm grateful to have found it.
on January 2, 2015
great read and worth it when looking for balance in ones life. great thoughts on business and personal side and am recommending to fellow executives.