Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 543 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 584 reviews
on August 4, 2008
This is great to have a translation that doesn't skip all around. This makes the Bible so much easier to read & understand. I'm not a beginner but wanted a Bible told in chronological order just for a different perspective. I've even picked up on things that I didn't in my regular Living Bible. It gives a fresh feel to it so maybe I was paying better attention & got more understanding. This Bible would be a great choice for anyone and especially for beginners because of the NLT, which uses our everyday language. If you've never read a Bible with a New Living Translation, it will SO OPEN up the Bible to you. If you get the meaning, then God's word will start to truly work in your life like never before! I never understood the King James Version & the stories meant very little to me because I felt like I could not relate. I had heard the same stories for years growing up & in & out of church but I didn't understand God's word & it wasn't effective until I bought a Living Bible translation & finally got true understanding of his word. The NLT is the newest translation after the Living Bible translation. Also, I like the size of the Bible, not too big & heavy but not too small either. The font size is perfect, no squinting or holding it closer to read. Great choice in a Bible!
0Comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2017
I have the kindle version of this bible and am so enjoying it. It is intuitive in function (kindle version) and very readable (NLT). I do believe this will be the year I will finally get through the entire bible!
on December 23, 2015
I'm a big believer in the importance of little things. While I generally like this product, the Kindle edition needed a little more thought. Specifically, the chapter breaks are not well chosen. All of the Bible content is in one big chapter along with a bunch of other stuff. That chapter is called "Table of Weights and Measures." There is no chapter called "Beginning" or "Table of Contents." There are monthly chapters at the end with links to each day's reading, but that's clunky and non-intuitive. I expected chapter breaks at least for every month, if not for every day.

This doesn't make it a bad product, it's just a little thing that keeps it from being a great product.
on September 12, 2016
The paper is so thin that the printing on the backside of the page is visible of the front, making the small font extremely difficult to read~the letters almost look blurry with so many layers or printing showing through. I've found putting a plain white piece of paper behind the page I'm reading at least stops the print of the following pages from showing through the one I'm reading.
on October 14, 2015
I learned much more than I expected from reading the Bible this way. The daily reading breakdowns kept my husband and I on track to finish within one year when we first read it in 2014. We plan to read it again in 2016. After raving about how much we were enjoying a chronological reading plan my sister, brother, mom, and stepfather have also starting reading this Bible and enjoying it.

The only note I would have is that this is not a stop-and-meditate-on-a-passage-for-a-week type of Bible, but it's a great format for gaining overall contextual understanding of scripture and God's unending love for us. I would highly recommend it for any believer's book collection.
on July 18, 2017
After reading the Bible through from Genesis to Revelation, this Chronological Bible brings a different insight. The added notes are helpful. It is easy to read in the NLT. I look forward to my daily reading every morning.
on January 12, 2016
I am truly amazed by the high reviews of this bible. I was looking forward to reading it throughout the year; unfortunately, the pages are so thin that you can see the text behind the page you are reading. It is incredibly distracting and hard to read.
on February 15, 2016
This bible has changed my life. I have been a Christian for 26 years and until 5 years ago, never read the entire. This bible was the easiest and most enjoyable reading I have ever done. I'm on my 5th year of doing the entire chronological bible, and plan to keep on doing it. My understanding and knowledge of God's Word has grown beyond what I ever expected. We use this bible, large print, for a study with a journal. Many lives have been blessed and changed through this easy to read version of God's Word.
on September 4, 2017
This has been a true experience reading this One Year Chronological Bible. Our Sunday School class has been entrenched in this study this year and everyone has loved it. The accompanying study guides available on the net are excellent.
on March 8, 2017
You should spend time in The Word every single day and one-year bibles are a great way of doing just that! The chronological version takes you through the biblical years in the order in which events actually happened. It makes it so much clearer for me. I'm a huge fan of line by line study and this plan leaves nothing out.