Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

The Opera Band
Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 12, 2004
I can't say I've been waiting for a group like this all my life or that it has forever changed my appreciation of opera but I am glad that I bought this CD.

It's about time the music industry realized that there is a mass market for modern opera besides Bocelli and Brightman.

Amici, the friends, is a nice effort to do just that...to bring classically trained artists to the pop market, and it actually works.

Another aspect of this group I really appreciate is the ethnical diversity. Let's face it, opera and pop-opera alike is not exactly known to be very multi-racial on a grand scale. It's like high-cultured country....good music but painfully lacking in ethnical diversity..

Amici changed that image and I applaud them for it.

As far as the CD goes, I love the voices, the harmonies and the arrangements.

There are only a few songs that I feel could have been left off but overall this is a solid project.

I particularily enjoyed the twist on "Nessun Dorma" and the Italian rendition of "Unchained Melody", both are truly amazing.

I didn't award this CD 5 stars because it is rather short, just over 40 minutes, and because of the few less than inspiring selections.

All in all this is a good CD and I hope their success in Europe was great enough to warrant a sophmore release. Perhaps the US will one day catch up with the rest of the world when it comes mass appreciation of classical artists and produce it's own Opera Band. Until then I hope to the the Amici return.
on April 24, 2017
This is my second CD by this group. Always enjoyable!
on October 13, 2013
I first heard Amici on Pandora and instantly felt like the voices with the tight harmonies and beautiful music made my soul soar! The blending of their voices is incredible. Each one is a strong talent on their own, but no one steals the lime light. Amici brings pure joy to your senses.
on June 16, 2014
Mom loves Sara Brightman and Andrea Bocelli; Dad loves Beethoven and Chopin and Schumann. This was a good compromise for long car trips!
on September 17, 2013
My original copy was lost and I purchased this copy because it is one of my favorite cd's. The selection of music and the exquisite voices make for a wonderful listening experience..
on February 24, 2017
Beautiful! Very talented vocalists; too bad they split and are not doing more.
on October 24, 2017
Love the group
VINE VOICEon April 14, 2005
Why do purists even sample CDs like this one? There's plenty of warning on the liner notes. I like classical opera and often listen and even attend when the opportunity presents itself. But I like Amici too. Why does classical music have to always be presented in the same old way? It's beautiful done many ways by many artists. (Except Sarah Brightman and Josh Groban - just MHO. If you admire them, that's great. That's what music is all about.) Amici's productions are lovely and new, and I for one enjoy hearing opera without all the earnestness and bellowing once in a while.
on July 26, 2007
Beautiful! Even friends who've never cared for opera love this one. A tonic at the end of a grueling day, a weekend afternoon introspective, a late-night lead-in to a flight of dreams ... a whisper of angels.
on July 31, 2013
Some of the arrangements on this recording are slightly different than the original work. Some of them work and others are not go great. I would recommend it based upon skill levels of the talented performers. Music is quite enjoyable to listen too.