Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon October 28, 2009
I'll admit it, I've not played any of the games that these songs came from. I've heard of them, but not played any of them due to various reasons. (Mostly me not having the systems to play said games.) I'd heard 'Still Alive' on V.G. Cats, which piqued my curiosity.

The songs come from various different games such as Portal & Half Life 2. The songs are all background music with the exception of 'Still Alive', which appears twice on this soundtrack- once sung by GLaDOS & the other being sung by Jonathan Coulton. 'Still Alive' itself is worth purchasing the album for, with the other songs being an incredibly awesome bonus tacked on.

Even if you haven't played the games, you'll still enjoy this music. This is soundtrack crafting at it's best.
on January 16, 2008
If you played the orange box, and liked the music, then you might want to buy this -- especially if you bought it for a console (I feel sorry for you). The music can be extracted from the PC version pretty painlessly (use cfgscape). As for the music itself - you already know if you like it (you did play the game, right?). You don't need my opinion to help you decide. The only surprise here is track 19, which is not in any of the games. Track 19 is Still Alive sung by the author of the lyrics. Listen to a preview to get an idea of how it sounds.

As for the music itself, my humble opinion is that this soundtrack is on par (if not greater than) Valve's previous works. I love it.
on November 4, 2014
The Orange Box was fairly good overall.

Portal; however, completely shatters first-person gaming and add the richest, most delectable, pitch-black humour one has ever seen in a game. I hope I am wrong in believing that it will be a tragically long time until something so clever, concise, and original is seen again.
on December 31, 2007
Yes, Still Alive is an amazing way to end a game, a fun and charming song. No one seems to be giving the rest of the album any praise at all. I love the music Valve puts in their games. I was as excited to listen to the Orange Box games as to play them. Last Legs and Sector Sweep are awesome hard hitting tracks which really capture the essence of those tense moments in Half Life. Team Fortress 2's tracks bring a new approach to Valve's games with a 1960's spy movie style.

All in all, it's a great buy. Viva la Valve!
3 helpful votes
on July 18, 2011
These are all pretty good songs but, me being a portal geek, I was a little dissapointed that there werent many portal songs. Also "Want You Gone" from portal 2 would've been nice, but Portal 2 wasnt in the orange box. All and all these songs are good, and now I can listen to "Still Alive" while completeing school assignments on the computer!
on December 28, 2007
I bought this from Steam and let me tell you that the song "Still Alive" is the best song ever. Totally worth buying this album or at least that one track.
3 helpful votes
on December 14, 2008
I got it for free though.... comes free with the audiosurf demo on steam, just look in the game's directory
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 28, 2007
I only downloaded one song from this soundtrack, Still Alive because I just love the game PORTAL. However, all the music from all the games on Orange Box are excellent. If you're a completist than this is for you.

If you just want Still Alive, it's definately worth the $.89.
12 helpful votes