Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Russell Dickerson PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 18, 2014
Excellent series. Much fun. Awesome characters I've wanted to get to know better for a long time. Love the conflicts between the character, and with Mikael. It's almost reminiscent of the Greek myths of the Gods. Cronos the destroyer stalks the world to destroy his children the gods. Love how they flashed back and I was able to see Mikael again. I thought they really didn't do justice to his malevolence in The Vampire Diaries, He almost seemed heroic, saying he wouldn't feed off innocent people and wanted to kill, then-archvillain Klaus. Add this to his kind words and gentle nature and he seemed like a nice, reasonable man.

In this series, we really got to see why Rebekah was so afraid of him. He truly was the king of monsters.

The rest of the series is fantastic. I was overjoyed by the vampire kingdom, as I've always been on their side. I never knew such a paradise could exist. It was wonderful. Sophie was great too, toward the second half. They took a bland and unimportant character and made her this tragic figure, trying to set right what once went wrong and all that good stuff.

I really enjoy the different factions in the story. I love how everything is new and interesting in such a familiar world. They really did a great job with this show. It's a perfect example of what a spin-off should be.

A five out of five.
on September 7, 2014
This series was an ingenious idea! The Vampire Diaries may satisfy young teens and 20-somethings, but this appears slanted towards the 25(+) crowd. For those that crave intrigue, "The Originals" fit the bill. The backdrop of New Orleans really allowed the writers to harness the witchy, historic allure of the French Quarter, which gave the series an authentic feel that wasn't limited to fangs.

********** SPOILER ALERT **********

As for the storyline, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) sought to reclaim his old empire while adapting to the idea of becoming a father. He definitely blossomed after he moved away from Mystic Falls, but not so much that he lost his bad boy appeal. There were also plenty of glimpses into his sexual nature. We now know that Klaus is an ambiguous lover with a troubled, but slightly romantic soul. I do hope we see a little of his daughter in S2, but you can't baby proof a drama-action series.

Elijah (Daniel Gillies) morphed a little in S-1 (loved the flashbacks!), but here's hoping we see him toughen up in S-2. He was such an awesome character in TVD. We all adore the intelligent, cultured, morally observant elder brother, but the writers lost something in the transition. The most interesting scenes included him finding his gonads when Hayley betrayed him and the "Gentlemen Shall We?" remark in episode 21. Still, he managed to offset Klaus's passion extremely well. I can see those two competing for 1st place in the future.

Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) made a complete 360 in the series. She grew from a rude, cliché, 2-dimensional dame to a desirable, more developed character. I'm not a fan of the budding romance with Elijah, but S-2 may yet recant on that potential hookup. Romances built from cast-off pairings feel recycled and a bit forced.

Finally, we have Marcel, Davina, Josh, and other key characters. It's a recipe for addiction! I could say more, but I will conclude with "The Originals" is a supernatural drama with enough talent and potential to surpass its parent. Bring on Season-2!
on May 29, 2017
The Originals builds upon their TVD introduction and provides you with a first hand account of Klaus & Co. and also their enemies!!! Fascinating and interesting fun!!! If you love TVD, then The Originals is definitely for you!!!
on May 28, 2017
The Originals is set in New Orleans I recommend that it be added to your viewing while you are watching Vampire Diaries. Claus is a Werewolf Hybrid and there is a lot of death and destruction in this first season. Wolves and Witches are included The Originals have been on the run when they return to New Orleans taking back what they had is nasty.
on January 26, 2014
First of all, this is an absolutely fantastic show. I love the spin-off from Vampire Diaries; it expands the story and puts more depth to it. Don't get me wrong, I do like VD, but this show is much more complex and interesting. The plot is just...wow. Marcel is a good addition, but I really do hope he gets killed at the end of the series. Joseph Morgan is SO hot, and is an incredible actor who really seals the deal for me. I've always loved Elijah; he's also a really good addition to the story, but he can be kind of annoying with his "I'm good and amazing" persona. Rebekah is a astounding, smart plot device; I love her! The actors, combined with the exemplary plot line, make this show worth the hour. I hope it stays on for a long time; one of the very few shows I love!
on July 30, 2014
loved it! great series! original piece of work! I love that the International talent can actually (well, some anyway) speak in their normal voices, I hate when American series' have the international actors try and speak with our cheesy American intonation! One thing, I hope that next season the writers try to NOT make Klaus sooooooo bad. Good Lord! I love hating his character and frankly I'm getting tired of his screw ups! I would like his brother to take more control, I LOVE it when he flexes his 'muscle' (fangs, really) and poor Bekka has no place among the male dominants. I actually liked her character until they started exploiting her romance with the 'outcast'. I wish they would remove the sometimes-weak-but-Alpha (really??? Alpha's are supposed to be stronger than that)-female Hailey, she's weak!
on August 28, 2014
I never watched the Vampire Diaries before I started to watch The Originals. The vampires, witches, werewolves, etc. are really not main plot of show: its about family. Family you are born with and family you choose. Even the evil brother Klaus is sympathetic (and mesmerizing and fun to look at. Not to mention his AWESOME temper tantrums ), the sister is all about "us girls need to stick together" and she is someone who does make mistakes but admits to them. She is strong and radiates a fierce deep love for her hugely messed up family. And the Older brother is all decorum, fair, honor and never breaks his promises but will often shock you with his way of keeping control.
on May 9, 2015
I had seen this series very first episode way back in 2013.... and had forgotten all about it until this March while channel surfing one evening. Hmmm.... the rest is history. I love this show, and the amazing cast and story lines.
Klaus is a villain that tucks at your heart string....breath to life by the wonderful Joseph Morgan. CW got a winner on its roster.
I will be buying season 2 when available and is looking forward to season 3. Thank you Julie Plec and Michael Narducci for
a fabulous show!
on May 4, 2017
One of the best shows to come to TV. If you love vampires, this saga of the family who became the first-ever vampires, thanks to their mother, a witch. Now the ruling class of modern-day New Orleans, they fight against werewolves and witches to keep their hold on NOLA. Top level acting by the principal actors, and intriguing storylines will turn anyone into an "Original" addict.
on January 2, 2017
Not as good as Vampire Diaries but passable with the usual formula as previous: Harping on family, Klaus daggering his siblings right and left, boring voice overs at the beginning from one or the other, on and on and Rebecca as usual falling in love with every guy who tips her a wink (and what's with the black guys/white blonds hookup on both shows - can't believe there's a shortage of attractive black women in either Mystic Falls or New Orleans).