Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 82 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 89 reviews
on August 6, 2015
What an amazing array of stories does Michael Brown share on the near-death experiences of many people throughout time! It's all written about from a faith-filled perspective, though, and not sensationalized. One comes away a much more enriched person after reading this book, even spiritually strengthened. Personally, I felt consoled by these meditations after the untimely loss of a loved one and know that God's mercy is abundant, since He gives us endless chances to come into His Kingdom, even at the moment of our deaths.
on October 8, 2013
This book is a terrific book. I have read quite a few NDE books. I liked this one the best. Included in this book are many stories that are the most well known NDE's. This gave me so many answers to many of my questions. The Author uses Scriptures to clarify his comments. A few things I found interesting was what an unclean spirit was, comments on addictions, how spirits gain access to us and the effects and affects they cause around us. Another book I found answered a lot of my questions is; "Nine Days in Heaven" by Dennis and Nolene Prince. This Book, "Nine Days In Heaven" answers many questions about denominations teaching and about what happened in the Spritual Realm the day of The Cruifixion. My main question was why, how could they do this awful thing? Why did Christ have to die in this way? You can also get it on Kindle in one of the older versions for $0.99. The book was first written in the 1800's; however, much of it seems to have been written for today. I would give both these books more than 5 stars, if I could.
on March 17, 2014
Just finished reading this book. It has educated me as to life after death with those who experienced near death situations. I had a near death experience and it confirmed what I had experienced. A must read for those who fear death.
on July 21, 2017
This was any interesting look at what happens after you cross over, with testimony from many who have been revived and came back to the land of the living. The information about purgatory seems to be a bit of conjecture but it does make sense. It seems like heaven looks a lot like jehova witness illustrations, but I would expect it to be more individualized. Theres some information about what happens in heaven but I am still left with the question about what souls do for eternity.
on October 10, 2013
This author is one of my favorites! This book along with his writing "The spirits around us" are wonderful!
The other side deals with death and often times what precedes death-- Many testimonies which are fascinating as each testimony is reflective of the other to some degree. As a nurse I have seen and had shared with me by other nurses much of what he talks about- I have both of these books in our church library and my own personal copies- It takes the fear out of dying having "some" idea of what to expect- If you can, go snd see Michael if he's in your town for a retreat--Wonderful experience!
on October 27, 2014
I enjoyed this book, but found it very repetitive of material in other books on this subject which I've read. Included among these authors are Dr. Raymond Moody, Betty Eadie, Dr. Melvin Morse, Don Piper, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, and many others. Even though THE OTHER SIDE is repetitive to me, I still found Brown's book reaffirming in that life does not end with the death of one's body. I lost my 34-year-old son to diabetes recently and have found the works of all of these authors very comforting.
on July 8, 2013
Over the past 20 years I have read dozens of books written by people who have had near death experiences. Then I came across this book. Now, when someone asks me what book I would recommend on NDE's I always say this one. The author has read and researched many NDE's and has put his findings in this book. He quotes several people who have had NDE's and have, as a result, been in heaven, hell, and yes even purgatory. He also adds he own findings which I believe are accurate.

If a person is interested in reading about near death experiences but only wants to read one book on the subject, this is the book to read.
on December 13, 2014
I just finished reading this book, and it brought such joy to my heart that I intend to read it aloud to my family members, just a few pages at a time, before we pray our rosaries each evening.This book will remove any fear of death, and make you long for heaven!
on January 21, 2016
This book makes this world down here look even more revolting than we can even imagine! I can't wait to be on the other side which I am sure is even more beautiful and peaceful and joyous than described! A wonderful book!
on April 22, 2016
Excellent book about what to expect after death. The most positive, encouraging, honest, and hopeful books about the After Life I've ever read. One of my favorites and best of Michael H. Brown. This is my second time through. I have hard copy and ebook, so I can read it any time. I HIGHLY Recommend it!